F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have matte black rims? I am looking for a good cleaner for mine. I have been washing them with meguiars car wash and a microfiber mitt, but in the corners there is a brown stain that seems to always be there. Looking for a good spray and wipe or any advice from you guys out there, Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dude I just spent like 30 min researching this and the consensus is soap, water and little elbow grease.From what I have read is that most products fade the wheels this becomes most noticeable when the wheels are in the sun light.
Seems like Meguires or Eagle One would have a product especially designed for matte or black finish wheels. So Im not sure if some one with black finish wheels that has had them for a while can chime in their 2cents

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just use Mothers car soap and a wash sponge on mine. Id like to know if there is a protective spray for our wheels. I'll research it..... Look at Adams Car care products. They sell amazing polishes, waxes, and cleaners. When I have the money I use there products.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use the soap and water method myself with a microfiber mitt. Still looking like new and no extra expense on the cleaning products which I have read cause fading over time.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I just had my truck detailed. Wheels look brand new again after looking hazy for months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts