F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Incredible!. I have the downpipes maxxed out on their threads, but they downpipes flange is still loose! Maxes no sense. The pitch is clearly wrong on the flange/doughnut surface.
Man this is the kind of luck I usually have, surprisingly I’ve been pretty lucky lately though (knock on wood)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nisco and MAXXPAY

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Disassembled the down pipe assembly to give 5Star and AMS some pictures of the issue. It seems AMS is going to warranty them so that's a huge relief! On another note, we're starting to dive into the details of the cargo conversion. Here's a snap of the features I ordered with the 8.5x26

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 · (Edited)
Sent over a list of requested changes to the salesmen. Had to make a few modifications based on my measurements last night. Last Monday he said he wouldn’t be able to make any more adjustments. With a 15 week lead time, I can’t see why it would be too late to make some changes.

Gave the truck a good wash and guard and gloss. Love this truck! 25k miles currently. Oil analysis at every 4K have come back flawless

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Update on changes…said I’d probably have to pay a “change order” fee of $50. Told him I didn’t feel that was right albeit I added another $500 to the total bill with the changes already. Anyways, better to be completely happy with the layout. Taking things into consideration like weight dispersion and plumbing requirements are something you can’t just “wing it”. A plan is absolutely mandatory for fixed objects taking up irredeemable space (bathroom, toilet, countertops, electrical panel placement, windows, etc).

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Got the bike all squared away and locked up in the hotel parking lot. Hitting Lazy Springs all day tomorrow and then back for a night of R&R.

These are the exact weekends where the toy hauler conversion is going to be put to good use.

The plan is to pay for the trailer with this year’s bonus. Once I’ve spread the outfitting costs over the period of a few months I’ll likely finance a side by side until next years pay out and see where that leaves the balance. Im one of those guys who isn’t exactly thrilled and would advise against financing toys, but if I can pay them off within 12 months I’m not opposed to it. I also insure everything for retail value, Raptor and trailer included.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I would sleep very well knowing that thing was in the bed of my truck,,,,,,,,

Looks good

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Anybody have a northern tool coupon laying around they won’t use? Got a couple things I’m looking at. In an effort to avoid spending money I’ve been throwing their mags out as soon as they come in the mail.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Doing a lot of routine maintenance lately. Cleaned out the Cobb intake, may or may not have been triggered by the recent CAÍ thread.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
If it’s not one thing it’s another…downpipe came better on the driver side and terrible on the passenger. Not even going to attempt the install. This is an easily mitigated quality check and frustrating that I’ve torn into this multiple times for the same result

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Passenger turbo removed. Threads heavily damaged from the stud removal . Taking to a local machine shop Monday to see if they can be tapped or if it’s a lost cause.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Probably the first person to remove a turbo (that I’ve seen) on this new of a truck. Required removing the AC Compressor to get it out. On a positive note Ford made a lot of design improvement on the coolant fittings compared to my ‘14. No more spring clips to worry about. All o ring fittings held in by a Torx head bolt and 10mm bolt heads on the turbo itself. I guess you take what you can get.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
All back together but a word of caution to anybody considering AMS downpipes. They sent another set but quality control is seriously lacking. Driver side was much better (perfect) but passenger side yet again leaks. This time I ended up using a large marine grade lock washer in order to get it to seal the best I could. It’s definitely better from an overall “exhaust leak” sound perspective but still needs to be replaced. I called them immediately when I received the set and sent over a number of pictures. 5 star did a good job in helping to make sure the first set was warranties but I still need a properly flanged passenger side.

I took some pictures before putting the turbo back in the truck to show how it’s impossible to get a firm connection on the turbo adapter due to the improper pitch.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Update to the trailer planning:
Had to change the color to white with blackout package since I wanted the .040 aluminum side panels. Unfortunately it’s only offered in white and black. I have added a side bar lock with semi screwless finish. Will start looking at some ideas for decals so it doesn’t look “too” plain. We’re about a month into the queue so maybe another month or two until it’s actually built.

181 - 200 of 227 Posts