F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Now, swap in a 2.7 for us real quick, and test that. Then swap it back.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
How about you swing by and we swap the exhaust on to your truck? Sounds like a slightly easier approach FWIW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Need to hear a half throttle take off now and a light throttle take off!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
It doesn't sound too bad, but it is going to be loud. Driving around town would be annoying though. Only solution would be to have a WOT valve set up, where drivng around it goes through baffling etc.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
I'd think that's when it's going to sound best

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
My point was It has a loud idle and driving you will hear it constantly. I don't want to hear my exhaust all day on a DD, maybe only a very slight tone , but that is hard to achieve.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
My point was It has a loud idle and driving you will hear it constantly. I don't want to hear my exhaust all day on a DD, maybe only a very slight tone , but that is hard to achieve.
Sounds like you shouldn’t get an exhaust at all

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
A little performance update. Been running the 5 star tunes for a couple days. Starting off mild with just an adaptive 85+. I say just like it’s nothing.

It’s everything in all reality. I think I’d be happy with this after a revision or two as is. I can only imagine what the performance tune or e30/e50 will do.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Grabbed six data logs on the 93 perf/tow and shot it over to 5*. Sounds like they’re behind on revisions but I’m curious what their take is on the quality of fuel in the area. Once they’re satisfied with this tune I’ll step up to the strictly 93 perf tune

81 - 97 of 97 Posts