F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may have noticed, there wasn't a contest ran for April. So I'll start fresh with May's contest and make it fairly easy, but unique.
I want to see pictures of your favorite "modification" done to your truck. That can include a simple window decal, stereo/electronic equipment install (radar detector, camera, switches, programmer, etc.), wheels & tires, interior mods, exterior mods, whatever- If you have changed anything stock about your truck then post a picture of it and share it with us. :)

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Granted I don't have many mods or any expensive ones, but the one addition that I say has been "used" the most has been my AVS vent shades. Absolutely love them and the way they provide a seamless look.

[041124].jpg

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I like to do a lot of long road trips. Two of personal favs to help with this are the Raptor wheel and CravenSpeed Dead Pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
For something I use every time I drive I Just can't say enough about my SnapRest armrest. Arm sits level and the leather is soft and is great on long trips :):):) (amp power steps is a close 2nd)
IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1106.JPG

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

I’ve done a few things to my truck, but the most recent was the addition of this rack. Just put it on yesterday but it’s my current favorite, probably because it is the most recent. A close second would be the rigid backup lights kit I got a few years ago. Makes backing up at night a million times easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
993 Posts
I've posted this many times, but what the heck.... :) It's still my favorite mod(s) to the truck so far..

Mitch

Put this dual tip on too.. Just thought it looked better than the old chrome one that turned black anyway..

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I've posted this many times, but what the heck.... :) It's still my favorite mod(s) to the truck so far..

Mitch

Put this dual tip on too.. Just thought it looked better than the old chrome one that turned black anyway..

Where did you find a dual tip?? I can't seem to locate one.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hi DB. I got it from Amazon.. Wasn't cheap, but I had to do something because that OEM chrome thing looked terrible...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075665YKY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While it does neck down at the split, each one is 2" pipe at the split (2+2 = 4?) and 3" at the tips.. Also, the powder coat did burn off the split part after towing my TT.. But, no big deal, I sprayed on some black BBQ paint and all is good and no worries for me. ;)

It gives a little different "growl" to the exhaust when getting on it too.. Can't explain it, but think of a Cummins exhaust tone of sorts.. I can only hear it if the pass side windows are cracked open, so it's not a 'drone' by any means.

Mitch

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump it TTT

·
Administrator
9,608 Posts
Hi DB. I got it from Amazon.. Wasn't cheap, but I had to do something because that OEM chrome thing looked terrible...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075665YKY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While it does neck down at the split, each one is 2" pipe at the split (2+2 = 4?) and 3" at the tips.. Also, the powder coat did burn off the split part after towing my TT.. But, no big deal, I sprayed on some black BBQ paint and all is good and no worries for me. ;)

It gives a little different "growl" to the exhaust when getting on it too.. Can't explain it, but think of a Cummins exhaust tone of sorts.. I can only hear it if the pass side windows are cracked open, so it's not a 'drone' by any means.

Mitch
That's interesting that it changed the sound a bit. It'd look good on Sally too...

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I can enter this one before the truck is done!!!

34042DE9-89DA-41F7-87A6-F6C66CA404FE_1557356126808.jpeg

F58DA190-F9B7-4E86-BB04-A4F8E347A95A_1558565911253.jpeg

·
Registered
18 Posts
I blacked out my chrome on my 2016 Platinum. The chrome trim on the tailgate is wrapped with a dark carbon fiber wrap, red insert letters, and painted the F150 emblem red. The grille is plasti dipped in matte black and the accent area are matte red vinyl wrapped. The tow hooks are plasti dipped in matte red. Mirror caps and door handles have been plasti dipped in matte black as well. All F150 and ecoboost badges replaced with black and red ones.

wrap 1.jpg

wrap 2.jpg

front 1.jpg

front 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
This last fellas post is like playing poker and the fella next to me says "I'll take 1 card"

After receiving it, he CAN'T hide the tell.

He just slides all his chips in.

I'm out. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This last fellas post is like playing poker and the fella next to me says "I'll take 1 card"

After receiving it, he CAN'T hide the tell.

He just slides all his chips in.

I'm out. :)

Nonsense!!! Up the ante with some pictures of your killer sound system. I think that would completely level the playing field. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
Nonsense!!! Up the ante with some pictures of your killer sound system. I think that would completely level the playing field. ;)
Appreciate the coaxing. But it's both old news, (stale) and a bit gaudy-extreme in hindsight.

What was I thinking?
I went a bit off the deep end immediately after fetching the unplanned impulse KR acquisition. But it's done. So I just waller in it. Lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
I blacked out my chrome on my 2016 Platinum. The chrome trim on the tailgate is wrapped with a dark carbon fiber wrap, red insert letters, and painted the F150 emblem red. The grille is plasti dipped in matte black and the accent area are matte red vinyl wrapped. The tow hooks are plasti dipped in matte red. Mirror caps and door handles have been plasti dipped in matte black as well. All F150 and ecoboost badges replaced with black and red ones.QUOTE]

Awesome! I really don't like chrome at all, especially when the sun is reflected in my eyes from chrome on other vehicles. Wish it was outlawed on all vehicles.

·
Registered
120 Posts
After the last entry, this is probably an exercise in futility but hey, I like my bug/wind deflectors and exhaust tips on my truck so here they are ... 20190511_173242_resized.jpg 20190511_173401_resized.jpg 20190511_173325_resized.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts