F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always drive with tc and advance trac off (i like to hear the michelins crying LOL) But it always seems like the advance trac kicks in randomly.

So today i started the truck and just held the button down until the advance trac said it was off.. (Usually i click the button once for tc then hold it down for 5 secs to turn off advance trac)

Today while driving i did some spirited runs and seems like the advance trac didnt kick on at all while letting the back end hang out a little bit..

Has anyone else tried this with just holding the button down?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
When you just press it momentarily you only tun t/c off, and it will not come back online until the button is pressed again. Since, the stability control stays on you don't feel it suddenly come back in to cut power and gradually works its magic.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, What im saying though is when i start the truck i just held the button down until it said advance trac off, instead of turning tc off then holding it down for advance trac.

When i do the 2 button method and slide the ass end out advance trac still catches the truck, where as today i was able to basically do a complete slide (steering wheel turned two complete rotations. It was a good one) and advance trac never kicked on

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Right, What im saying though is when i start the truck i just held the button down until it said advance trac off, instead of turning tc off then holding it down for advance trac.

When i do the 2 button method and slide the ass end out advance trac still catches the truck, where as today i was able to basically do a complete slide (steering wheel turned two complete rotations. It was a good one) and advance trac never kicked on
Should operate the same regardless of the sequence.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should operate the same regardless of the sequence.
Thats weird cause i just went down the road and tried it again, with the 2 button push advance trac caught the truck pretty quick when i kicked it sideways. stopped and did the one button push and it did a complete slide and no advance trac.. I love living out in the country! LOL

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Thats weird cause i just went down the road and tried it again, with the 2 button push advance trac caught the truck pretty quick when i kicked it sideways. stopped and did the one button push and it did a complete slide and no advance trac.. I love living out in the country! LOL
definitely trying this when I get home.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another strange thing is when i do the 1 button push and turn the truck off, when i restart it it says advance trac ON.. Where as when i do the 2 button push it doesnt say anything when i restart the truck

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
when I do my burn outs I just hold the button down for 6 seconds. Everything is off according to the manual. You don't need to press it once. Then again. My tires light up & away I go

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
So let me ask for some clarification here:

1-normally, one might push the traction control button momentarily (TCS - off), then push and HOLD the button to turn off AdvanceTrac (AdvanceTrac till kicks in)

But now you say:

2- Push and HOLD button to turn off AdvanceTrac *first*, then push again momentarily to turn off TCS (AdvanceTrac does NOT kick in)

Do I understand this correctly?

Very cool if true!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2- Push and HOLD button to turn off AdvanceTrac *first*, then push again momentarily to turn off TCS (AdvanceTrac does NOT kick in)

Do I understand this correctly?
Just press and hold the button until it says advance trac off.. If you press it again it will turn everything back on.. Its weird that it doesnt say anything about TC when doing it this way but its definitely disabled. I have also noticed if i do this sitting still or going under 20mph it still activates advance trac.. When i press the button going over 30mph is when it seems like everything is disabled.

was hoping others would try this to see if they have the same results with the advance trac being completely off.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Well, I'm working with Mike at MPT on getting an Off-Road tune... :cool:

If it pans out, I'll be doing a full review on it.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Looking forward to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He thinks that he'll be able to do something about the driving nannies, and give me a desensitized throttle. Should be pretty close to the Raptor's off-road mode.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
ABS too?

I'd rather keep abs, I need a few safeties to supplement my less than professional driving style...

·
Registered
932 Posts
I hear you, but I think ABS would be useless OFF road. Theirs a reason why ABS is disabled on the raptor off road mode.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I hear you, but I think ABS would be useless OFF road. Theirs a reason why ABS is disabled on the raptor off road mode.

True, but I'm running different terrain than what the off-road mode was designed for.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts