F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I broke down an ordered up the MBRP full stainless dual exit exhaust. It was a toss up between that and the Solo setup.

Install went on rather easily, another set of hands would have helped, but I managed. Trying to align the tips was a bit of a pain, the 2 'joints' are in interesting places, so a small turn here makes for an odd misalignment elsewhere. I'll likely have the joints all tacked here before too long.

Overall, I swear the truck is peppier, and spins that one tire a lot more readily. The truck freaking SCREAMS at WOT. I love it! At idle, it's notable, but not really. Cruising around town, and cruising at 60, 70 and 80 there is no notable tone / drone. The wind noise is louder.

The seemingly only downside (other than inherent V6 buzz) is mild/moderate acceleration is loud. I believe I've just not had a vehicle with an exhaust on it for too long, and that's how it works... Haha!

If I had to purchase it again, I likely would.
It is a clean setup, seems well engineered and sounds pretty damned good.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google "Hoover Windtunnel Pro" and you can hear how it sounds for yourself. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I broke down an ordered up the MBRP full stainless dual exit exhaust. It was a toss up between that and the Solo setup.

Install went on rather easily, another set of hands would have helped, but I managed. Trying to align the tips was a bit of a pain, the 2 'joints' are in interesting places, so a small turn here makes for an odd misalignment elsewhere. I'll likely have the joints all tacked here before too long.

Overall, I swear the truck is peppier, and spins that one tire a lot more readily. The truck freaking SCREAMS at WOT. I love it! At idle, it's notable, but not really. Cruising around town, and cruising at 60, 70 and 80 there is no notable tone / drone. The wind noise is louder.

The seemingly only downside (other than inherent V6 buzz) is mild/moderate acceleration is loud. I believe I've just not had a vehicle with an exhaust on it for too long, and that's how it works... Haha!

If I had to purchase it again, I likely would.
It is a clean setup, seems well engineered and sounds pretty damned good.

So I went and picked up the same one....still like your?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
@Jatorossi @Shrek got a job with a Company Truck, and decided to sell his personal truck. He hasn't been back in over 7 months.

·
Registered
2018 XL Supercab 2.7l 4wd
12 Posts
I can tell you that I bought the Solo Mach X 40 dual system and on my 2.7 it's not as deep sounding as online videos.
Exhaust is nice and fits great but I have ordered a Flowmonster resonator/muffler because there is drone.
I had stock exhaust with resonator delete and wish I would have saved my money.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Interested in hearing a video. I usually put side exit on my ecoboost trucks, but this time I kept the stock exhaust as the mbrp side exit has a lot of cabin noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts