F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MBRP is offer a 50.00 rebate on any stainless steel MBRP ecoboost F150 exhaust system. Well technically any MBRP Stainless kit, but you guys dont care about the rest. Here are the details and systems that qualify.

MBRP Stainless Summer 50.00 Rebate

[h=1]2011-2013 Ford F150 MBRP EcoBoost 3.5L V6 4 Inch Cat Back Exhaust (Single Side Exit)[/h]
[h=1]2011-13 Ford F150 MBRP EcoBoost 3.5L V6 Cat Back Exhaust (Rear)[/h]
[h=1]2011-13 Ford F150 MBRP EcoBoost 3.5L V6 Cat Back Exhaust (Rear Side Exit)[/h]

·
Registered
868 Posts
i dont think the sound is horrible and not so loud i couldnt think in the cab
im moderately interested but need to see or hear more about it before i bite !
are we talking all stainless muffler, pipes, and tips out of a 400 series stainless or what ?

details please.

·
Registered
868 Posts
ok guys i have come back to this exhaust again after listening to about a dozen clips of possible exhausts
i could get used to the sound on this video clip but i would want a duel tip out the back if i buy can you tell me would that change the sound ?

·
Registered
868 Posts
i just want to do the bolt on catback with duel rear exit i dont think the 6 cylinder sound very good when they start getting loud
i want as quiet or deep as i can get by still gaining the performace benefit and looks of the duel exhaust
a few yrs from now maybe i would do a Y pipe or some headers as an upgrade but i dont want to get crazy right now because i have alot of warranty to worry about and many many other add ons that the truck needs

·
Registered
35 Posts
Only thing that sucks for me is that my left cat is already bad after misfire/condensation deal, but I'm at 86k miles so I'm not so worried about warranty anymore. I do however do a lot of hauling/towing at the same time so I need the new catted y pipe my only problem is find the right combo close to OEM quietness. Lol, any exhausts out there that don't break the bank, that are quiet but still are durable and yet pretty to look at? I know its a tall order for an exhaust oh and by the way lets keep it under $400 since the damn catted pipes are over $700+ no matter who makes them!

·
Registered
868 Posts
MRT,
i dont know if you have any local garages that have an exhaust bender but i found one about 8 miles from me and i took my last truck over there.
i bought headers and 2 flowmasters put headers on and stuck a short piece of pipe into collector and stuck the mufflers on to drive it there.
they custum made me an H pipe crossover and true dual exhaust all the way out the back in heavy gauge aluminized 2-1/2" pipe for $250
the mufflers cost me $90 each and of course it was a V-8 so your eco will need something a little diff.
when you gotta add O2 bungs and other stuff it all adds up
that was the last aluminized exhaust for me and it will be stainless from now on.
i live over here on the salt belt and after all that it only lasted between 5-6 yrs and then wouldnt pass inspection

·
Registered
74 Posts
One piece of advice to anyone looking for dumping exhaust straight back and towing. Be prepared for an increase in noise bouncing off the trailer.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One piece of advice to anyone looking for dumping exhaust straight back and towing. Be prepared for an increase in noise bouncing off the trailer.
You are absolutley correct. I have had a couple customers very surprised how loud the rear exit exhaust is off the trailer. I always suggest a side exit for guys pulling alot.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I believe it is the Gibson Exhaust that recommends that if you plan on towing with your truck NOT to purchased the rear exit dual exhaust due to the possibility of the exhaust being deflected off of the towed trailer and back towards the cab of the truck. If this were to happen exhaust fumes could enter the cab area....per the website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
jonrjen
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing