F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at many companies that make exhausts for the EcoBeast.
Anyone heard what the MBRP (Item Id: MBRP-S5238AL) sounds like?

Fits Ford's new 2011 F150 with the Turbo Charged EcoBoost V6
2 1/2" mandrel bent dual tailpipes fed from massive 3" inlet muffler and mid section
Fits Regular Cab-6 1/2' and 8' boxes, Ext/Crew Cab-5 1/2' and 6 1/2' boxes
Comes with all installation hardware for an easy bolt-on install
Includes 3 1/2" rolled end hand polished T304 tips

I want to hear how it sounds before I make an executive decision. Any help or suggestions would be great

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just do a search on you tube. There are a lot of sound clips of different exhausts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have done a few YouTube searches from MBRP. And thanks Bill I have seen your guys' video on the exhaust kit. It does sound great. I would be interested in a dual side exit. I'm just wondering if this is worth it or is there a better exhaust for the same or a little more $$$. I know AFE makes a cat- back as well that looks and sounds good.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Coming from a v8 mustang, I just can't get used to the ecobeast exhaust tone. I know some people have made theirs sound good, though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have really got to get some vids of my Solo Performance mach-x after about 2500 miles. It is insanely deep for a v6, and has unique WOT sound. It is definitely worth the recommendation and consideration.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I heard the kit in duals (corner exit) on a truck I sold a set of boost-bars to. It sounded pretty good. I'm not running out to get one but I was pretty impressed, got rid of the sewing machine idle sound lol. He was saying its available in many different diameter pipe configurations both before and after the split at the muffler. So that will also have a small impact on sound based on what diameter you go

cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I had the MBRP exhaust done yesterday. With dual side exit 2 1/2" mandrel bent dual tailpipes fed from 3" inlet muffler and mid section. The custom shop im friendly with welded the pieces together for me, and wrapped the left side pipe with anti chaffing tape, as the pipe came a lil close to my brake lines. Not to mention people have been known to steal bolt on/ boltboff accessories. So this kit aint going nowhere. This exhaust sounds pretty good, and just like the videos I saw and research I did, I do not hear any drone inside the cab. It growls quite nice for a tt V6, but not too obnoxiously at all. Not to mention it looks great. I would recommend this kit to anyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any chance we can get a few pics of your dual exhaust.
Yes I just uploaded some pics into a folder on my profile. Perhaps I can get a video uploaded soon as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jetrider79, You mentioned no drone with your system, is that through the entire RPM range? Also, what part number did you go with? I'm looking into the same system for my truck. Can you hear your turbos whistle more?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jetrider79, You mentioned no drone with your system, is that through the entire RPM range? Also, what part number did you go with? I'm looking into the same system for my truck. Can you hear your turbos whistle more?
Yeah the part number I told Chris at Stage 3 Motorsports was MBRP-S5238AL. I'd say its just more of the fact that I can hear the outside growl of the exhaust as I go up from 1k to 5k RPMs. But no negative sound inside the cab. Yes I can still hear the turbos whistle, even with the cover on my CAI. Not to mention this exhaust added more horses and torque. Another solid recommended upgrade.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Does anyone one know does putting an aftermarket cat back exhaust void the factory warranty? the sales manager at the dealership i got my truck from said that it did i just wanted to double check.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
brian351w
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing