F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Well after reading around the forums I decided to get just a Stainless steel downpipe for now and leave the stock catback. Bought MBRP off of amazon for 450 shipped. Installed it Saturday in 4 hours wasn't rushing and didn't really run into any problems other than the one side turbo flange bolt is a pita to get to. I took a video yesterday I saw there was a database of exhaust vids on the site dunno if I should post this up there because I couldn't find any good videos of offroad downpipe with Stock catback online anywhere..

So here is a sound clip of the exhaust with the stock catback.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I hear a little bit of whistle! lol

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Sounds a bit restricted but nice whistle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
897 Posts

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391555780.819217.jpg

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
You think that small section of 2.5" pipe/ resonator is enough restriction for it to be worth while to change to a 3" cat back and or either put a piece of 3" pipe to the muffler?

Thanx for all the replies I like how the exhaust sounds now. and sorry for the multiple posts how do you post multiple quotes to one post?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Your whole exhaust is stock?
Did your turbo spool faster?
Any codes?

Sorry for all the ?
My Catback is stock. and My tuner eliminates the codes. AS far as spooling faster it is more responsive and sorta feels like it changes the area where power comes on a bit. it Spun the tires at 40mph in the rain today..:cool:

Now just wondering if I should buy that stage 2 afe intake or Put a Detroit tru trac in the truck.. lol junkie open rear end deal..

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
You think that small section of 2.5" pipe/ resonator is enough restriction for it to be worth while to change to a 3" cat back and or either put a piece of 3" pipe to the muffler?

Thanx for all the replies I like how the exhaust sounds now. and sorry for the multiple posts how do you post multiple quotes to one post?
uploadfromtaptalk1391653281006.jpg old

uploadfromtaptalk1391653303209.jpg new

Idk how restricted it is. .. but sound wise it makes the exhaust more raspy. I replaced it with 3 inch pipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got a question for you guys after you installed the offroad downpipes going down the road like 70 mph. Partial throttle it just doesn't do anything until I give it like 50% gas then it'll downshift and go. I think this is a tuning thing do you guys have the same symptoms?

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
When are we going to hear a slow acceleration, fast acceleration, and WOT from inside with this. I don't really want to mess with the stock catback but just want the exhaust a LITTLE louder than stock.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts