F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Then pull the ground wire off the side of the stiffener plate. It’s on the passenger side.

You also need to remove the three bolts on the back that attaches to the transmission

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was able to hit the stiffener with a hammer and lightly pry to break the sealant.

Also, I had to remove the three large bolts that hold the front diff. This allowed the front differential to drop down a couple inches so the pan would come out.

I had to support it with a jack to help take the weight off so I could completely remove the bolts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One of the bolts was hard to access and I was able to get it with a quarter drive ratchet

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
Great posts!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joeymt33

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The new pan would not go in unless I dropped the front diff further down. The axles where preventing that so I put the truck on the ground to change the CV angle and that gave me enough room to move the diff maybe another half inch down and the pan went in.

Also to make it easier you need to tie back the starter wires, trans cooler lines, and wiring harness at the bottom of the timing cover.

Make sure it’s super clean and free of any oil.

Follow the directions on the RTV.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

In the picture above you can see the Christmas tree style retainer will not have anything to lock into on the new oil pan. I ended up using a zip tie to fasten it

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

In this picture above you can see the 90° bend in the ground strap. This must be straightened out to install on the new pan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would a truck that has a 6 inch lift on it be easier to do since the diff has already been lowered with brackets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t have any experience with one with a lift kit but I would think it would be easier
Did you use the kit from RBM or did you purchase a 2019 pan? I was looking at on Tasca website and saw the pan a little cheaper. Mine is a 2017 and the dealership that I use told me if I bought the metal pan they would or could put on and warranty would cover labor. But I'm thinking of doing it myself.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Did you use the kit from RBM or did you purchase a 2019 pan? I was looking at on Tasca website and saw the pan a little cheaper. Mine is a 2017 and the dealership that I use told me if I bought the metal pan they would or could put on and warranty would cover labor. But I'm thinking of doing it myself.
I bought the stuff from RMB. You will need new hardware as well. It was nice that Ryan included everything needed

·
Registered
571 Posts
What was the total cost of the pan and hardware?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
What was the total cost of the pan and hardware?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
I don’t remember exactly but it was in the $200 range give or take some. Contact RMB for exact pricing and availability.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts