F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I am having the same trouble.
I bought a 250 ml graduated cylinder off amazon

250ml Plastic Graduated Cylinder, Printed and Molded Graduations, Single Metric Scale, Polypropylene, Karter Scientific 237M2 (Single) 250ml Plastic Graduated Cylinder, Printed and Molded Graduations, Single Metric Scale, Polypropylene, Karter Scientific 237M2 (Single): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

6 oz is how much I need for my 36 gallon tank and that works out to 177 ml

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I bought a 250 ml graduated cylinder off amazon

250ml Plastic Graduated Cylinder, Printed and Molded Graduations, Single Metric Scale, Polypropylene, Karter Scientific 237M2 (Single) 250ml Plastic Graduated Cylinder, Printed and Molded Graduations, Single Metric Scale, Polypropylene, Karter Scientific 237M2 (Single): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

6 oz is how much I need for my 36 gallon tank and that works out to 177 ml
I don’t know why but my OAR is going down now, I am almost to the end of the tank, but I’m going to put 6 ounces in this time and see what that does.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
I was replying about pouring into a graduated cylinder, then mixing in a Gerry Can, and then pouring into the tank. But @mass-hole beat me.

When I pour my E85 from the Gerry Cans I brought home, I found a syphon hose that you just pull back in forth in the Gerry Can to get flowing. I have the Gerry Can on the top of my bed (I got a hard cover) and let the syphon hose empty the Gerry Can into my tank.

I wish I wasn't out of town right now, or I would take a couple of pictures.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Here’s my giant graduated cylinder.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Premium Member
2012 f150 3.5 platinum 4x4
151 Posts
I used boostane a couple years back on my 93 tune.
We have crappy 93 around here , and I could never get my oar to -.96. And yes boostane helped it out .

And yes it gets orange ( plugs mostly )

Now back to what the post was started as.
Meth!

I am currently not tuned for meth , but run it for cooling and extra fuel. On e30 tune.
It's been hot as hell here the last week,
And I was stuck in traffic yesterday ( long story short my boost reference hose melted closed < I fixed it with properly now> ) anyways the point .
The difference from meth and meth ( which I accidently got to find out about ) was quite a noticeable BUTT difference , and cooling difference.
With meth my iat2 run almost 20° cooler than ambient when in boost. And only 10° or so above regular driving. With out I'm 20° above ambient in boost and 30°+ cruising. .

Such a HUGE DIFFERENCE when it's 90-100° out.
I buy a 5 gallon pal $55 of m1 methanol every 1-2 months ( depending on how heavy my right foot feels) and 10$ in distilled water .

Snow is now making a fail safe controller for meth gets that will dial back timing/ boost if a malfunction occurs. So yeah, now it's time to start worry free-ISH tuning for meth.

Boostane helps, good product, . But I ( personally , to each is own ) like ma meth better Der ma ma. 😆

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I used boostane a couple years back on my 93 tune.
We have crappy 93 around here , and I could never get my oar to -.96. And yes boostane helped it out .

And yes it gets orange ( plugs mostly )

Now back to what the post was started as.
Meth!

I am currently not tuned for meth , but run it for cooling and extra fuel. On e30 tune.
It's been hot as hell here the last week,
And I was stuck in traffic yesterday ( long story short my boost reference hose melted closed < I fixed it with properly now> ) anyways the point .
The difference from meth and meth ( which I accidently got to find out about ) was quite a noticeable BUTT difference , and cooling difference.
With meth my iat2 run almost 20° cooler than ambient when in boost. And only 10° or so above regular driving. With out I'm 20° above ambient in boost and 30°+ cruising. .

Such a HUGE DIFFERENCE when it's 90-100° out.
I buy a 5 gallon pal $55 of m1 methanol every 1-2 months ( depending on how heavy my right foot feels) and 10$ in distilled water .

Snow is now making a fail safe controller for meth gets that will dial back timing/ boost if a malfunction occurs. So yeah, now it's time to start worry free-ISH tuning for meth.

Boostane helps, good product, . But I ( personally , to each is own ) like ma meth better Der ma ma. 😆
Thanks for the comment man, sounds like you got a good setup going. I made the thread for meth injection question, but using Boostane was my solution to increasing my octane, so it’s all good

·
Premium Member
2012 f150 3.5 platinum 4x4
151 Posts
Thanks for the comment man, sounds like you got a good setup going. I made the thread for meth injection question, but using Boostane was my solution to increasing my octane, so it’s all good
When you find yourself where boostane just doesn't scratch that itch anymore.

Remember the meth!
🤣🤣
Glad that it's working for ya.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
When you find yourself where boostane just doesn't scratch that itch anymore.

Remember the meth!
🤣🤣
Glad that it's working for ya.
Oh of course! I’d like to kinda keep my truck running solidly, and not push power too far and just get a wRx to fulfill my power needs.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
the one thing that went right for me yesterday was surprisingly getting the Boostane into my tank. I used the graduated cylinder and it worked great.

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
the one thing that went right for me yesterday was surprisingly getting the Boostane into my tank. I used the graduated cylinder and it worked great.
Nice. I’ve just been using a measuring cup that’s 4 ounces. I filled it up to the brim, and I barely spilled any at all, then filled it halfway to get two more ounces. Oh, and by the way, adding the boostane before you fill up with gas makes it mix very well... my OAR was -.96 all the way even till the truck was 6 miles to empty.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts