F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Milesej05's Oxford FX

Well, I've been on the site since before I bought my truck doing some TROLLING...getting some good information from everyone on the site. I introduced myself and my truck shortly after getting it and then ran into a bunch of hiccups. Traded in a 2007 Subaru Legacy GT with CNT Catted Downpipe, Muffler delete, Perrin panel filter, Cobb Accessport, Kartboy short throw shifter, tinted taillights, painted grill, and 2 sets of wheels (07 LGT and 05 N/A wheels) painted different colors throughout the years...Black, Gunmetal, Burnt Orange, Grabber Green. Before that I had a 2003 Mustang GT with bolt-ons and upgraded 3.90 gears.
My new truck is a 2013 FX4 EcoBoost with the FX appearance pacakage with 3.55 gears. Has the 402a upgrade, moonroof, and tailgate step. Picked the truck up on January 23rd and was back and forth from the dealership on 3 separate occasions due to the fact that their contracted 'shop' to do bedliners does a terrible job. Got everything FINALLY taken care of and ended up getting the underbody coated as well as tint on the the truck...for free. Next came the cheap/free mods I had read up on.

DSC02577.JPG
DSC02583.JPG
2012-02-18_12-53-56_502.jpg
DSCF2073.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG
Winter Rims.jpg

IMG_0272.JPG
Day after taking delivery :cool:
IMG_0284.JPG
First parking ticket the following monday

IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG
Crappy job on coating the wheel wells...free tint and underbody coat though!!
IMG_0441.JPG
Next to my buddies 2012 FX4 with appearance package
IMG_0445.JPG
First of a few stickers...
IMG_0456.JPG
First Wash
IMG_0479.JPG
McGard Tailgate Lock

IMG_0504.JPG
Tinted and put LED strips in mirror reflectors.

Currently has the following done to it:
-Window Tint (currently waiting to hear back from shop for windshield visor)
-Rhino Lining in bed and wheel wells
-Whole underbody coated (Thanks to shop not knowing how to prep for lining the wheel wells)
-Poly-fill sub box
-shortened stock antenna
-Blacked-out and LED install in side mirror relectors
-Door sill scuff plate protectors for front doors (will be picking up a rear set as well)
-WeatherTech mud flaps (currently in-transit)

Mods for the future:
-Clear Bra
-SCT X4 or LMS
-Off-Road Y pipe
-Tonneau (leaning towards BakFlip G2)
-Rigid's or equivelant
-?????

I could NOT be any happier with this truck.
Again, I wanted to thank everyone on this site for being good sports on the welcoming and the wealth of knowledge between members!

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Post some pictures man!

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Is it 'tonight' yet?

Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Nice truck man!! Welcome

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393421846.137935.jpg
Had these waiting for me when I got home from the gym last night.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393421881.978008.jpg
Here's a pic of the sill scuff protectors. They are a lot thinner than I imagined but they were a must since my girlfriend doesn't seem to know why there is a nerf bar and a plastic cap on the door sill...I looked at the passenger side and it was already scratched to $h!t

Hope to get the flaps installed this weekend if it gets above 15 degrees

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well figured its not getting above 25 degrees for the next few days and wanted to get the flaps on before it snows this weekend. These were the WeatherTech flaps and it was a pretty simple install...took about 30 minutes flat (mostly because I had to keep going back to the garage to grab a different tool).
Before:
IMG_0529.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG

After:
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_0536.JPG

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Excuse my stupidity but what exactly does mud flaps do? Prevent mud on the bottom of body panels is my guess....thx

got to get it!

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the paint on the side of my truck, I learned the hard way from not buying Rally Armor's soon enough on my Legacy and the whole side panels of my car had chips and scratches all the way back to the spoiler..

For me, its piece of mind for $70 dollars...short and simple answer

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, after doing some thinking on a boring day at work, I've decided a different route than attempting to COMPLETELY void my warranty. Mods for the future are the X4 with some tunes and that will be it performance wise. I still need to get a clear bra but just so happened to work out an excellent deal yesterday with Bak industries and got a BakFlip G2 for $699...with no tax or S&H added on. I've been debating between that and the VP for quite a while and finally decided with the hard top instead of vinyl, especially for the price. Although its not the best price, I looked up some reviews on Amazon after ordering and found out that if you don't order from an authorized dealer (amazon is NOT one), Bak industries will NOT honor any type of warranty. That makes this deal so much sweeter. I will post up some pictures when I get it installed, then gonna use some of the extra led light strips I bought for my boat to make some bed lighting. Should be just in time for taking my boat out for the first time!!

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I finally got caught up on all my home/truck/boat projects mostly done this last weekend (other than painting my red emblems).
First, got all my led bed lighting soldered together and installed. Had to use 3M double sided tap as the tape that comes with the flex lighting isn't sticky enough. Also installed a switch in the smaller side hole by the tailgate.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395144682.564260.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395144723.684795.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395144733.092394.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395144741.972875.jpg

And with my BakFlip G2 installed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395144772.662710.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395144780.307263.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395144788.445665.jpg

Also got around to gaping my spark plugs. Plugs seemed a little dirty for only 1,6XX miles. All of them were between .35 and .40.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395144872.679604.jpg

Also installed the Lund tailgate seal. Not impressed at all with it and will probably remove it and just throw out the 20 bucks I spend on it. The passenger side of the tailgate sticks out 3/8" from the taillight and when I pull the patch to open the tailgate it feels as though I'm gonna snap the handle off. That's even after I trimmed all the spots that were rubbing while in the process of closing.

Also got the floor of my Jon Boat bed lined so just gotta get plates for my trailer and I'll be ready for some summer catfishing!!

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice. Where did you decide to get power for the LED strips?
16 or 18 gauge wire from the box in the front of the engine bay (unbolt the 10mm nut and apply connector) then added an inline 10 amp fuse all the back to the rear passenger taillight. Drilled a hole and grounded the system with a small screw.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haven't updated this thread in a while...

First I got some Assault Motorsport Flood Cube lights installed in my grill. Turned out to be an easy as pie install with the harness they provided (included a relay and in line fuse). I went with the flood not seeing first hand the difference in the spot/flood patterns. Was a little shocked at first at how dim they are but after talking with Andrew from assault and a few of you guys on here I will probably just stick with them and at some point but some spots to pair with them. I think the main thing is I just need to adjust them. I can't wait til I get away from city lights to try them out!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398773029.413831.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398773040.003757.jpg
HID low beams and fogs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398773061.102786.jpg
HID low beams, fogs, and cubes

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398773080.308162.jpg
Cubes

(Building approximately 40 yards away)

Also just purchased a X4 from LET last night and can't wait to get it. Everyone that has dealt with them has said nothing but good things about Erick and after bombarding him with questions yesterday afternoon/evening I can say nothing other than what others have! Really stand up guy!! Will post up my results after getting everything installed and a few quick runs

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Good job man. Yeah I think if I you aim those down some for now, you'll like them better. Later on. You could move them down to the CAC bumper hole, and put some spots in the grille.

Transmitted by thumbs via iPhone. Chance of errors, 87%.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ended up sending back the 14W (1080 Lumen) flood cubes in exchange for some 20W (1900 Lumen) Spot cubes plus some money. Should be here by Wednesday depending when they receive my return package.

I didn't know they sold the same 3" frame with different lumen lights within them...guess I should have done more research on the Assault website before I purchased. oh well.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my X4 a week ago but held off on loading any tunes on the truck as I had to get a TSB done and Ford ultimately reflashed my PCM and I got a new strategy code. So after sending in all my information to Erick at LET, I couldn't wait any longer so I loaded the canned 87 tune onto the truck.

I can immediately hear more turbo whistle and can actually HEAR the exhaust being pushed out of the tail pipe (Yeah, that ugly V6 sound). Figured out how to datalog with the X4 and computer (I think) and first time actually WOTing the truck while on the 2nd log the truck scratched into second...I had to change my underwear when I got back home to say the least!

Can't wait til SCT updates their database for the 2014 strategy codes so Erick can get me some custom tunes!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I got my X4 a week ago but held off on loading any tunes on the truck as I had to get a TSB done and Ford ultimately reflashed my PCM and I got a new strategy code. So after sending in all my information to Erick at LET, I couldn't wait any longer so I loaded the canned 87 tune onto the truck.

I can immediately hear more turbo whistle and can actually HEAR the exhaust being pushed out of the tail pipe (Yeah, that ugly V6 sound). Figured out how to datalog with the X4 and computer (I think) and first time actually WOTing the truck while on the 2nd log the truck scratched into second...I had to change my underwear when I got back home to say the least!

Can't wait til SCT updates their database for the 2014 strategy codes so Erick can get me some custom tunes!!!
Stop getting me anxious to get my tuner haha.

Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
3,147 Posts

Wow! I can't wait to get one!

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, been talking with Erick for the last 2 weeks trying to get this damn tune dialed in. For some reason he has been turning the boost down trying to get rid of the knock and its still showing up. After contacting him numerous times over the phone he has mentioned that ALOT of people have been trouble with the X4.

Sort of wishing I would have just bought an X3 instead and saved myself and Ericks time...as well as saving me some money. :doh:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts