F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 with 100,000 miles. I have had miss-fire issues from day 1. It has been in for warranty work numerous times. Intercooler changed as well as catalytic converters etc. I have changed spark plugs 3 times and all coil packs in an effort to fix this. Still no luck.

Does anyone have any new information or do I just have a lemon?

·
Banned
242 Posts
^^^ Correct, you can change those parts all day long, but the moisture in the CAC is what is causing your issue. Drill the weep hole in the CAC and you will go much farther between misfire issues. The catch can to me is s waste of time and money when the weep hole does a better job and is free.
Keep in mind you will be changing spark plugs every 15k miles on this engine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Over the last two years I have changed the intake (S&B), installed a dual valve catch can (Rx) and drained the CAC, and changed the plugs (twice- MC SP-534, gapped at .030)... but ultimately drilling the weep hole (which I did last, about 3 months ago) has been the one thing that has seemed to to eliminate the occasional stumble. No episodes yet anyway.

On a side note; Just ordered a SCT X4 Tuner from Unleashed, can't wait to see see benefits from this!!

Reactions: 93Cobra

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I have a 2012 with 100,000 miles. I have had miss-fire issues from day 1. It has been in for warranty work numerous times. Intercooler changed as well as catalytic converters etc. I have changed spark plugs 3 times and all coil packs in an effort to fix this. Still no luck.

Does anyone have any new information or do I just have a lemon?
You've driven 100,000 misfired miles? Wow.

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would advise cleaning the map sensors. There's 1 before the throttle body and another after the throttle body on the back of the intake. I believe the newer trucks have another map sensor instead of the maf sensor. They get oily affecting the air/fuel mixture, especially the 1 on the intake. I got a 2011 with 133,000 miles with rx dual valve catch can and drilled intercooler. With good plugs and coils I would still get misfires. Cleaning my map sensors solved my misfire issue. I'm now cleaning them every oil change since its quickly done.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
+1 did this too and seemed to help.

·
Banned
242 Posts
I share the same sentiment- definitely not a good design! The hard part for me has been unloading the truck... Ecoboost F150 market has been flooded lately and they don't seem to hold value. I have lost out on several V8 trucks in the last two weeks as they are in demand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well,,,, the weep hole did let a couple ounces of oil out but no water. No real difference in miss-fire. I guess I will have to try to find out where the map sensor is. Anyone have a site I can look at to lead me in that direction?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Well,,,, the weep hole did let a couple ounces of oil out but no water. No real difference in miss-fire. I guess I will have to try to find out where the map sensor is. Anyone have a site I can look at to lead me in that direction?
What, you mean 93Cobra's magical fix of "drill a weep hole and your problems will be solved" didn't solve your problem??? Lol

On a more serious note, I do hope you get it resolved...I continue to wonder if or when I'll have a misfire or stutter

Reactions: 2Canches
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.