F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
Well obviously I'm using the Ngauge and chose the pid labeled CAC-T F

The F is definitely Fahrenheit as it is on the other temperature related pids.

I assumed CAC_T was what anyone would expect it to be. Lol

Crazy. I'm guessing some tuning geek could guess what's going on based on my description that when the truck is static (not moving) the "temp" displayed is very close to ambient. Then as air flow cools the CAC, the temp displayed drops.

Doesn't yours actually do the same? Except when static it displays above ambient, and then as you move the temp drops towards ambient?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts

Crazy. I'm guessing some tuning geek could guess what's going on based on my description that when the truck is static (not moving) the "temp" displayed is very close to ambient. Then as air flow cools the CAC, the temp displayed drops.

Doesn't yours actually do the same? Except when static it displays above ambient, and then as you move the temp drops towards ambient?

Yep, especially under boost

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts

I have the nGauge too and my temps mirror yours with my Garrett CAC. When moving the CAC pid is 20-25 below ambient, idling in traffic it climbs to ambient. My IAT2 is about 20-30 over ambient on average.

·
Administrator
9,608 Posts
Maybe that pid is displaying a temperature drop from across the CAC or something-that doesn't explain showing ambient temps at times though. I would imagine HPTuners tech support could elaborate on what information that is displaying.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I have the nGauge too and my temps mirror yours with my Garrett CAC. When moving the CAC pid is 20-25 below ambient, idling in traffic it climbs to ambient. My IAT2 is about 20-30 over ambient on average.
Damn I didn't want to hear that, so you're seeing 20-30 over ambient with your aftermarket intercooler? That's pretty much what I see with my stock one, well and up to 40 over.

(ait2 that is)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Damn I didn't want to hear that, so you're seeing 20-30 over ambient with your aftermarket intercooler? That's pretty much what I see with my stock one, well and up to 40 over.

(ait2 that is)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That was 3ish hours into a road trip coming out of Chicago traffic, so about as heat soaked as I would expect. I looked back through some of my tune logs to Torrie, seems to be anywhere between 10 and 20 over on hard passes.

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
This was ½way to San Antonio today. (200 mile trip all open and clear interstate)
Cruise Control on 80mph for about an hour.
Ambient temp 73-75F

So my IAT2 are about 17-18 degrees above ambient.

Not towing, of course.

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Never thought about an aftermarket intake being for the purpose of cooler IAT2 Temps.

You know how it is around here? Lol

These trucks don't benefit from such a bolt-on.

I doubt the CAI had anything to do with IAT2 temps, they probably would've had the same IAT2 temps with just the AFE CAC.

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
I doubt the CAI had anything to do with IAT2 temps, they probably would've had the same IAT2 temps with just the AFE CAC.

I'm a doof. I didn't realize that truck also had an aftermarket CAC. I thought it was just charge pipes and Cai.

My bad

·
Vendor
30 Posts
We need some samples from Mexico! (At the end of wot data log type runs)

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
Saw a call for Mexico samples and figured I'd throw up results from our unit on here. This was done by a third-party tester (customer) on back-to-back runs 1.5 hours from each other, on the same stretch of road. The only mod this customer has is a tune.

You can see that with the stock intercooler he saw temps. reach +42 degrees over ambient, while on our unit he only hit +2 over ambient. We're working with some other folks to get more data, and we'll certainly be posting that as well!

https://www.cvfab.com/products/cvf-titan-intercooler-2015-f-150-raptor-2-7l-3-5l-ecoboost

Both charts - Combined - Cropped - Labeled.png

41 - 55 of 55 Posts