F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All this talk about everyone's truck is driving me nuts. I think I'm having boost withdrawals. It's been it the shop since Thursday and even know the 2013 explorer is a nice SUV its not the same.

But on a funny note I got a call from the dealer asking me if I knew anything about the duck call that was in the re circulation hose......... I guess the mechanic kept driving it up and down the road confused at why the blow off was sounding like that. Lmao!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
lmao

·
Registered
227 Posts
All this talk about everyone's truck is driving me nuts. I think I'm having boost withdrawals. It's been it the shop since Thursday and even know the 2013 explorer is a nice SUV its not the same.

But on a funny note I got a call from the dealer asking me if I knew anything about the duck call that was in the re circulation hose......... I guess the mechanic kept driving it up and down the road confused at why the blow off was sounding like that. Lmao!
Duck call, in the blow off? The boys of Duck Dynasty would be proud! HA!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duck call, in the blow off? The boys of Duck Dynasty would be proud! HA!
It gets a lot of weird looks in traffic lol. On the passenger side there's a hose that runs up to the intake. If you undo the hose and cap the intake you'll be able to hear the blow pretty well,... But if you feel the need for a little more you can stuff a animal call in the tube and have some fun with people driving next to you. Next will be a train horn this is going to be fun hahahaha.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
BOV-ghetto?-I'm-about-to-grab-a-flashlight-&-try-this
http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1716

No you don't. I posted this & look @ the response I got. Unless you know something different - ie, it won't wreak your 40+K truck. Then lets boycot TURBOSMART BOV & get everyone to make noise like a ricer. The information I got outta this thread was, we don't pressure up enough boost to dump like a manual transmission. Like my buddies R32 Skyline. (Make sweet BOV noise) we own AUTOMATICS!!!! from F250s. There is no need to start pulling hoses. Put an AFE stage 2 intake & do up a heart throb exhaust. More power & less (as I called myself) ghetto.

If I knew house to post a video that I took when I did the EXACT thing last Tuesday, ya it impressed the ricers @ mcDs but really, was it worth it?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Yeah man its commonly considered 'Ricer' to have BOV noise. I believe the problem that members had with that video was 2 fold...first he did a jackleg job with tape rather than a nicely placed cap and clamp and second it was just to get that 'Ricer' sound that is often looked down upon. So whats the difference you ask? I'd be making fun of every 'Ricer' I see by making my BOV quack like a feakin' duck LOL. Its got nothing to to do with sounding 'cool'. It would make me laugh out of control to see a import guy's head snap around trying to find that Blow Off Duck.:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah man its commonly considered 'Ricer' to have BOV noise. I believe the problem that members had with that video was 2 fold...first he did a jackleg job with tape rather than a nicely placed cap and clamp and second it was just to get that 'Ricer' sound that is often looked down upon. So whats the difference you ask? I'd be making fun of every 'Ricer' I see by making my BOV quack like a feakin' duck LOL. Its got nothing to to do with sounding 'cool'. It would make me laugh out of control to see a import guy's head snap around trying to find that Blow Off Duck.:D
That's exactly why I put it in there lol. As soon as I get the truck back from the shop ill make sure to post a video. As far the video that this kid put up I agree its all hacked up, tape and zip ties to make a truck sound like a ricer.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Post a video & show me the plug. What did you use? & is this harmful to the engine because of the MAF?

·
Registered
118 Posts
pics n videos needed.
all the ricers around my town i may have to do a thing like this

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
It gets a lot of weird looks in traffic lol. On the passenger side there's a hose that runs up to the intake. If you undo the hose and cap the intake you'll be able to hear the blow pretty well,... But if you feel the need for a little more you can stuff a animal call in the tube and have some fun with people driving next to you. Next will be a train horn this is going to be fun hahahaha.
I am doing the same thing but I also am taking the hose out on the drivers side. A little more work but 2 turbos 2 BOV. You might not be wrecking your truck but I suggest you take both hoses off. You have one recirculating to intake & one releasing to atmosphere. Makes sense to have both turbos releasing to the same.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Got the video. Figured out youtube capture on ipad

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Sounds kind of annoying sounds like BOV opening every shift. Get old in a hurry.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Lol. I was a turbo dodge guy back in the day. The BOV sounded a hell of a lot neater on those.

The truck just doesn't sound right with it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol. I was a turbo dodge guy back in the day. The BOV sounded a hell of a lot neater on those. The truck just doesn't sound right with it.

Diesels have a unique sound all their own. This is on a different level. The bov would get old if these were manual trans.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Diesels have a unique sound all their own. This is on a different level. The bov would get old if these were manual trans.
No I'm talking little 2.2 turbos making 20 lbs of boost.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts