F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going over the different models can get confusing. We all want certain things on our beast but figuring out what comes with what model is tedious. Any short cuts on figuring this out?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go to the ford website and build your own truck, There you will be able to see all the packages and options Take your time because you can get confused just follow the build and its pretty easy.And yes if you want one thing you have to get other things everything is a package but sometimes you get superized and get things that you're glad you get Be careful don't get carried away and start adding things like I did then you wind up spending more than you planned on ugh! Good luck!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I guess it is all in what you either want or need. Trim and model is just that a variation in options and price. I was looking to go with a 5.0 V8 XLT 4x4 and ended up with an Eco FX4 pretty well loaded out to a sticker of $51K+. The wife wanted 10 way power passenger seat option, but that meant going to an upper level model with leather with an end cost increase of around $10K over what I was looking at with the XLT that would have gotten the job done for me. What can I say "Mama got good but expensive taste".

Sit down, figure out what it is you are looking for and then let the internet be our best buying friend. Shop hard, Shop smart. Don't forget to look at the all inclusive price, such as if you are going to travel to get the best price, is the difference in the price worth the time and cost to travel? Once you make a deal, don't hesitate to ask for a little extra aftermarket to be thrown into the deal such as bed liner or tint, maybe an extended warranty or a dozen oil changes.

Ball park figure depending on your model and option choice you can expect $9K to $13.5K off of sticker. If you wait until the 2014 model year roll out the 2013 may offer more in savings.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I was also looking for the 5.0 supercrew, and it was 7k less than the EcoBeast. I missed the 4500 cash back for V8s by 1 day. The incentives flipped to make the EcoBeast the better value. So I ended up with the EcoBeast. I have never looked back. My sticker was just shy of 43k and I walked out the door at 26 before tax. I drove a pretty hard sell, and my wife and I have a routine when we shop. I act like it is an impulse buy that I don't need but want if the price is right. I tell them not to even bring up payment amount, just bottom line. I tell them that I have my own financing or might just write a check if the price is right. Every time they bring me a number I show it to my wife and she laughs and says NO! We keep the routine going until we get where we want to be, and then try one more time. We then tell them that it would be easier to just have them finance it so we can do the deal quicker, but they have to meet or beat the mystery apr that we already have through our credit union. They always ask what my number is, but I refuse to tell them. They have always beat my credit unions rate, and often they offer an additional 1k off if I finance with them. It works for us very well, and if we don't get the price we want, we walk away.

Sticker means nothing when shopping for a vehicle so figure out what you want to pay and stick to it. If they won't do it find a dealer that will.

Good luck,

SPPD

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was also looking for the 5.0 supercrew, and it was 7k less than the EcoBeast. I missed the 4500 cash back for V8s by 1 day. The incentives flipped to make the EcoBeast the better value. So I ended up with the EcoBeast. I have never looked back. My sticker was just shy of 43k and I walked out the door at 26 before tax. I drove a pretty hard sell, and my wife and I have a routine when we shop. I act like it is an impulse buy that I don't need but want if the price is right. I tell them not to even bring up payment amount, just bottom line. I tell them that I have my own financing or might just write a check if the price is right. Every time they bring me a number I show it to my wife and she laughs and says NO! We keep the routine going until we get where we want to be, and then try one more time. We then tell them that it would be easier to just have them finance it so we can do the deal quicker, but they have to meet or beat the mystery apr that we already have through our credit union. They always ask what my number is, but I refuse to tell them. They have always beat my credit unions rate, and often they offer an additional 1k off if I finance with them. It works for us very well, and if we don't get the price we want, we walk away.

Sticker means nothing when shopping for a vehicle so figure out what you want to pay and stick to it. If they won't do it find a dealer that will.

Good luck,

SPPD

So, if I figured correct you managed to deal $17,000 off of the sticker of a $43,000 truck? Or was that including a trade difference?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
So, if I figured correct you managed to deal $17,000 off of the sticker of a $43,000 truck? Or was that including a trade difference?
This was before Trade, but I forgot to add the 1500 we put down. They were offering a total of 6500 in incentives and they gave us an additional 1k off for financing with them. I also had an xplan pin but ended up not using it. The salesman did tell us after the deal that we had to buy him lunch because he made less than 50 dollars on the sale. I wasn't all that sure I was gonna buy as soon as we did, but when the price ended up where it did I couldn't say no. My truck had been sitting on the lot for almost 6 months I assume because 2wd trucks are not that popular around here. They were clearly motivated to sell and thats where we ended up. So I really only ended up dealing about 7500 because Ford gave them the 6500 incentives and Ford Credit gave them the 1k and we put 1500 down.

So it was really 26k plus our 1500 down before taxes.

SPPD

·
Registered
122 Posts
$50 profit for the salesman on a $40K commodity sounds fair...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
$50 profit for the salesman on a $40K commodity sounds fair...
$50 plus lunch lol.

From the moment I shook the salesmans hand until I was getting the plates put on was about 3 hours. $16.66 dollars per hour plus free lunch. All things considered thats plenty fair. I found the truck by searching the web. No test drive. I filled out the credit app on-line, I knew way more about the vehicle than the salesman. He actually told me that I absolutely could not get the max trailer tow with a Super Crew 5.5 box. It was only after I showed him the printed out build sheet that I got from the x-plan site and gave him the inventory number of the truck I wanted that he said oh, you are right. Bottom line is I am the consumer so I am not worried about how much he makes. I am worried about how much I have to pay. It was his sales manager that signed off so if there is any grievance it is with him. Don't get me wrong, he was a nice guy and had a wife and 2 Great Danes that rely on him to bring home the bacon. He had been at the dealership for 12 years so I am sure he is doing fine. For every guy like me that really makes a good deal there are 2 others that pay sticker and a dozen that come in somewhere in between.

SPPD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
IownandsellEB
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing