F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking to add a few mods. A tuner, cai, cat back exhaust. Who has these and passed a emissions test down here? What brands do you recommend? Thanks for help.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi guys, I'm looking to add a few mods. A tuner, cai, cat back exhaust. Who has these and passed a emissions test down here? What brands do you recommend? Thanks for help.
None of those mods would prevent you from passing emissions. An off road down pipe would be the only thing that would do it, and I'm going to keep the stock pipe for emissions testing only, or if you know someone who knows someone:cool:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If you have a cat, high flow or otherwise, you *should* pass. Be sure to let us know how that turns out. Right now, I only have a cat-back planned,

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do high flow converters make the cut?
I have heard certain brands throw codes and some don't, its really hit or miss. It maybe something that can be tuned out so maybe one of the tuners can chime in on that...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If he has a tuner, he should be able to suppress the code and therefore pass that part of the inspection.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If he has a tuner, he should be able to suppress the code and therefore pass that part of the inspection.
Its not just a visual for a CEL, but they scan your OBD here and check all your sensors are ready and reading unfortunately

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Its not just a visual for a CEL, but they scan your OBD here and check all your sensors are ready and reading unfortunately

Depends on your county.
Harris and counties bordering Harris, may as well be California.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts