F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing the male and female Molex plug pins for the door connections on my '14 F150. Does anyone know where these can be bought or what type they are and/or part numbers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you sure they are Molex brand plugs? Don't think Ford used Molex but could be wrong.

1) if you have access to wiring manual, it will help identify plug and pins

2) This site may help you identify plugs or be a source of Molex: Terminal Supply

3) I get my connectors from Ballenger Auto. They also are a good source for help in identification

Good Luck

Paul

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am needing the male and female Molex plug pins for the door connections on my '14 F150. Does anyone know where these can be bought or what type they are and/or part numbers?
The pins used in a 2014 door connector are made by TE Connectivity/Amp. The male pin is part #1438299-4 and the female is part #1393366-1.
Buy them from: Mouser Electronics - Electronic Components Distributor.
I used these pins when I upgraded my Tremor to power fold mirrors.
I did not have the correct crimp tool so I crimped them with a needle nose pliers and soldered to insure a good connection.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed in the connector that there were two sizes or widths of connectors. Were the ones you put in the smaller of the two or did yours have two different sizes?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I noticed in the connector that there were two sizes or widths of connectors. Were the ones you put in the smaller of the two or did yours have two different sizes?
Smaller pin (1mm X .64mm}, there is a larger pin in the connector but I didn't need any for my mod. Mouser will have the large one also.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the one I need as I want to use 16 ga wire and the smaller ones you use will only house up to 18 ga. I've been doing some digging on there but have not been able to find the larger ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for this information...you may have saved me a lot of money and headache. Long story short, these connectors in my 13' have corroded and now the front passenger window doesn't work. The bottom row here came out when I opened this up, and the parts fell out. As you can see by the picture, its pretty bad. Anyway, I take it to the dealer and they say its the main wiring harness and its $2000.00 to replace. What do you guys think about replacing these male parts with some new ones, will it work?

Also, if one of you guys wouldnt mind uploading a picture of one of yours to compare, that would be great, thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
I understand that Ford offers replacement pin kits for almost all connectors on these trucks (and their other vehicles too) for repairing the assembly, as well as the plastic connectors themselves. If you have a decent parts guy at your local dealership they should be able to help you locate the correct part and get you set up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are going to need the larger pins so if you find out what the part numbers are or if there is a repair kit available please let me know. I have been and will continue to be on hold with my stereo upgrade until I figure this out as I am not going to drill something out to pass the aftermarket speaker wire through the door jam.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So here is what I gathered from the link winchested posted above. If you click on the "Wiring Pigtail Kit ID Guide" just above "Wire Sets" it will take you to a mutipage .pdf file. On page 5 the third paragraph is of interest as it talks about Ford PTS (professional technician Society) which you can only access if you are a dealer or an independent repair shop sponsored by a dealer. IF you have access to this then on 2013 and up vehicles you can access the wiring diagrams and then click on a connector number. From there it will take you to the Connector Face View page where there is a box that says "Check for Terminal Part Numbers".

Its like I am the starving kid in Ethopia and the Snickers bar is just out of my f*cking reach....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Snickers taste soooo damn good! Found another guy with the problem on the pins like kgallant1855 has. I posted on the thread and elaborated on what we had found here as well as another thread over there with yet a similar issue. One of the members on F150forum.com has access to the PTS site and found the following with regards to the 50 pin connectors C219 and C237:

Terminal Repair Kits Available for Repairing Corroded Terminals in Connector C219 and C237 at Left and Right Front Doors ? 2011-2014 Ford F-150 | ford.oemdtc.com

So I cannot find any pictures of the terminals but on the previously linked .pdf that shows all the the terminal repair kits you can search it for the kits listed above. What you come up with is the following:

Part Number Part Description
DU2Z-14474-BA Terminal Repair Kit Female, 0.64 mm
DU2Z-14474-EA Terminal Repair Kit Female, 2.8 mm
EU2Z-14421-AA Terminal Repair Kit Male, 0.64 mm
EU2Z-14421-EA Terminal Repair Kit Male, 2.8 mm

So my assumption is that the 0.64 mm terminals are the small ones in the upper part of the connector and the 2.8 mm terminals are the lower ones in the connector. I will be headed to the dealership on Monday to see about my assumptions and getting the correct kits to get back after my install.

Evidently this is an issue that Ford is not to open about but at least those of us out of warranty will have a fairly cheap solution rather than buying the whole body harness and having that replaced.

Just found the TSB on the crackling speakers which most attribute to an early warning sign of the terminal corroding and have posted it for those that are in the need.

View attachment tsb12-11-04.pdf

Here is the thread I found it on over on F150forum.com

2013 FX4 Front Passenger Speaker Issue - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

And I just found the TSB that supersedes the one above:

View attachment 2013frontdoorspeakers-tsb13-10-18.pdf

Hope all of this helps a few folks out as this was super frustrating on my end.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am finding out that the dealers will only sell these in packages of five. I hunted around on the web and pretty much found that RockAuto was the best price and they only charge $2.99 shipping via USPS. I pulled the trigger and ordered a set of each so hopefully these will work for my application.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I got the connectors with pigtails from RockAuto today and I am hoping I ordered the wrong ones as these are the smaller pin connectors. I took pictures of the connectors with a ruler next to them so you can see what I am talking about.

Female Connector P/N DU2Z-14474-EA

Male Connector P/N EU2Z-14421-EA

I ordered the other two part numbers and will see if they are the larger ones. If so I have until 01/14/2017 to return the other ones and get the majority of my money back on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for this information...you may have saved me a lot of money and headache. Long story short, these connectors in my 13' have corroded and now the front passenger window doesn't work. The bottom row here came out when I opened this up, and the parts fell out. As you can see by the picture, its pretty bad. Anyway, I take it to the dealer and they say its the main wiring harness and its $2000.00 to replace. What do you guys think about replacing these male parts with some new ones, will it work?

Also, if one of you guys wouldnt mind uploading a picture of one of yours to compare, that would be great, thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have this “exact” thing in my 2011. What was your outcome? Could you fix it yourself and how?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts