F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Also, I find the greater the "gear difference" (i.e. I am in 5th or 6th and it needs to drop to 1st or 2nd) and you are now booting (or partially booting it) ... the tranny can take a little time to figure this out. This is why I often limit my transmission to go no higher than 3rd or 4th in the City.

However, when I purposely "boot it" a couple of times, the tranny does start to figure out which gear it needs to be in quicker.

I find the "delay" is at it's worse when I have been taking it easy for awhile (few days or more) and then need to boot it.

It seems the best thing to do, is "Beat the truck on a regular basis ... preferably a couple of times a day". Let it know "Who's boss".
Your absolutely right about that!!

2012 screw 3.5L

·
Registered
950 Posts
Also I've noticed that in traffic 25-35 mph (because I drive so hard on the truck) the shifting becomes very hard. So it seems to help by putting it in 3rd or 4th. You don't get the pause then a hard shift. It Feels the same as a petal delay.

The memory of the trans really messes with the petal action.

2012 screw 3.5L

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
15 Participants
waterbuffalo
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing