·
Registered
1,158 Posts
How much are you asking for the turbos?

Hope everyone's okay.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've worked lots of animal strikes down here, but we don't have moose! It's amazing how a big critter can tear up a vehicle.

Feel fortunate you were in a modern F150. Had you been in a car or an older truck without all those crumple zones and safety features, I'm afraid the outcome might have been much worse.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Moose are f'ing massive animals. Worst part is how long the legs are so most of the mass is 3 or 4 feet off the ground. My friend hit one in an RV in northern Saskatchewan a few years ago. The body exploded and half of it came through the windshield. Scary stuff and lucky the were alright

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
That should buff out.... :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was in northern Alberta. Fortunately I was alone. Walked away with some whiplash and back feels out but have not been fully assessed yet but am ok. I was far from home and was not able to salvage as much as I would have liked. It’s a write off in insurances possession now. Interior appears unaffected air bag didn’t go off as sensors in bumper (typical since moose are tall), seatbelt caught me. Was able to stop smoothly after impact and then pull off highway. Definitely glad I wasn’t in a car. It will probably wind up in auction feel free to buff that all you want lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
No airbag! Dang man you need to get your neck looked at pronto. Good to know these things won't go off if you hit something high up. We have mule deer in my area and those things are tall like moose.

·
Registered
75 Posts
How much are you asking for the turbos?

Hope everyone's okay.
Hahaha!!!

2013 F150 XLT 3.5L SCrew. AFE Magnum Force Stage-2 Dual 3-1/2" CAI, Mishimoto Performance Intercooler with Pipes, TurboSmart SP Supersonic BOV Kit , Team RXP Heat Exchanged Dual Catch Can, AEM Coil Packs, SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuner w/5* Tuning Custom Tunes, AFE Atlas 4" Aluminized Steel Cat-Back

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'd say no! Moose was surely pretty bruised up. If in a car you most likely would have had moose in your lap and not have walked away. Glad your not seriously hurt. Be careful though, adrenaline is a powerful drug, I road my motorcycle home, a little over 10 miles with a broken collarbone and the ridge on my scapula smashed flat and then drove myself to the hospital. Three plates and 18 screws and over a year rehab.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
wow glad you made it out

1 - 20 of 22 Posts