F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Ive got a 2012 XLT eco and want to squeeze a bit more millage out of her. What do you guys suggest. From reasonable on up. Thanks. Also another question regarding leveling kits. Does that affect towing capability?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would say the leveling kits shouldn't affect the towing capabilities - however it will make you're mpg drop prolly 2-4 mpg

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Some people have said it affected mpg, some people said no change. Bear in mind that raising will lower your aerodynamics, and if you level and put bigger tires it will drop further

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey all, Ive got a 2012 XLT eco and want to squeeze a bit more millage out of her. What do you guys suggest. From reasonable on up. Thanks. Also another question regarding leveling kits. Does that affect towing capability?
You should adjust the nut behind the wheel to stick to the speed limits and minimize using the brakes. It's all in the foot.

Reactions: brucesears

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I noticed ~1 mpg loss with a level alone.

Leave a bit earlier to drive the speed limit on your commute. A custom tune helps with gas mileage but I wouldn't do it for 2-3mpg alone. The risk isn't worth the reward if all you're looking for is a few more miles per tank.

·
Registered
265 Posts
TBH, there isnt too much one can do to get better mileage out of a truck without voiding warranty, if you still have some. Yes you can get special tunes and all but as Kc311 said, the risk is probably not worth it. Remove whatever weight you can, make it as aerodynamic as possible (no lifts), ease up on your throttle. The truck came out of the factory with what Ford could do to make your mileage as best as possible.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've had good luck switching from conventional to synthetic oil if you haven't done so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts