Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can we move this to the lighting section? Sorry I posted it in the wrong place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Nice, but a waste for the raptor and those of us with the projectors. You could just upgrade the HID bulb and even projector itself and ballast if you want for better lightning.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nice, but a waste for the raptor and those of us with the projectors. You could just upgrade the HID bulb and even projector itself and ballast if you want for better lightning.
I just did the factory HID upgrade on my truck. I was given the HID Lights free but one was slightly damaged so ended up buying a new one to make everything look perfect. Not happy with the light pattern. Pattern is kind of narrow. Cost me close to the same amount of those LED ones. You would definitely need to change the projectors to get a nice wide light. That puts you over the price of the LED ones. I’d have a hard time getting use to those 3 lights in the housing. Kind of funky for me. But I bet the light is awesome with the LED.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
The factory projector is decent. A simple bulb upgrade will put out a lot more lumens. I think the out put is fine, at least on mine.

I like how the factory HID has the F150 logo inside too. I wish these Morimoto ones would have had one huge single LED like the factory HID look, or 4 small ones placed next to each other/stacked to look like a single square. The design with they made with the three of them across is a little out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts