F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, and just have a bit of info to share and would like to ask a couple questions. I have a 2012 F-150 and I recently bought a Hypertech Max Energy for my truck. Now keep in mind that these numbers were achieved by driving for fuel mileage. Driving 60 mph and trying to achieve the best fuel mileage possible at that speed I was consistently getting 22 mpg +or- .3 with no tuner. Now with my Hypertech set on the lowest setting I drove 366 miles today and again I drove 60 mph trying to achieve the best mileage possible, I got 25.2mpg. I am very pleased with the increase. I am thinking about adding a CAI and exhaust next to see if it will improve any more. So my question is which intake and which exhaust? I appreciate any advice you guys can give.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
AFE2 and Airaid seem to best most popular and highest producing intakes. Heartthrob, stainless works, and mbrp seem to be the popular exhaust choices for catbacks.

The programmer is the greatest improvement... The other two are good supporting mods with a tune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!! So my next question is oiled or dry. I've heard both ways. I hear the oiled is bad because oil and dirt will build up on the turbo and cause damage. But I've heard that isn't true unless you over oil the filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts