F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for more feedback from those that have seen the fuel economy increase after stopping the PCV mix from entering the combustion chamber.

Also, looking for more to post results of what your catching and fuel economy results on YouTube.

Thanx!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you explain what you're talking about I'm not familiar with it. ( stopping the PCV mix from entering the combustion chamber.)
thank you in advance for info.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Can you explain what you're talking about I'm not familiar with it. ( stopping the PCV mix from entering the combustion chamber.)
thank you in advance for info.
Lots and lots of posts on this subject already. Search the forum for " catch can"

Transmitted by thumbs via iPhone. Chance of errors, 90%.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It's hard to tell for sure, my tunes have gotten better as well. It darn sure keeps the oil level from rising, that in itself was worth the price of admission.

Reactions: mikemetz82

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
It's hard to tell for sure, my tunes have gotten better as well. It darn sure keeps the oil level from rising, that in itself was worth the price of admission.
I thought your tuner wouldn't support you if you had an rx can?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I used the Rx until I could get a replacement, I did use the check valves from the Rx system and the routing I used is similar to what I used before. I never drilled the tubes, the way I have it set up I can return to stock in 10 minutes. I can't tell a difference in how much gunk they collect in warm weather, cold weather may be a different story.

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looking for more feedback from those that have seen the fuel economy increase after stopping the PCV mix from entering the combustion chamber.

Also, looking for more to post results of what your catching and fuel economy results on YouTube.

Thanx!!!
I've had my RX can installed for about 500 miles and I currently have 1600 miles on my truck. Below is a picture of how much I have gotten out of my can so far. I have not noticed a MPG change probably mainly due to my engine still breaking in.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Next winter you'll need to be emptying that sucker every few days, it will catch a lot more.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I used the Rx until I could get a replacement, I did use the check valves from the Rx system and the routing I used is similar to what I used before. I never drilled the tubes, the way I have it set up I can return to stock in 10 minutes. I can't tell a difference in how much gunk they collect in warm weather, cold weather may be a different story.
That's what I did too. The can is definitley capturing a lot of crap that I don't going into my Intake. I can see where the can would probably be even more effective if I did drill a hole on the Passenger side ... but it's definitely catching a fair amount with just the Driver's Side.

I don't have the "Clean side Separator" either ... just a good old fashion breather in place of the oil cap. I don't plan to fjord any water or mud deeper than my hood. Reminds me of the first cars I started to play with when I was young.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Next winter you'll need to be emptying that sucker every few days, it will catch a lot more.
Well since I only drive my truck two days a week that will be easy to remember. LOL

Reactions: brucesears

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had mine on for one week now and have went through about a tank of gas in last week and can honestly say it is running better and has made an improvement in mileage by about 1-2l/100kms. I did the CAC as well at the same time and have noticed a slight difference in how it goes under wot. Its more of a difference than the stage 2afe intake did that's for sure. Maybe I'm nuts but I swear it definitely is better. Soooo happy to have them on. Also drained the Rx twice just to see. Both times had about 3/4 cup of what looked like coffee with cremem in it but had the smell of pure gas to it. Hope that's normal.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am observing about a 1.5 to 2 mpg gain on my highway driving, about 1 in town.

Also would like to note that my last 200 mile trip (under 60 degrees and raining the whole way) I did not have any episodes of it falling on it's face under heavy acceleration.... very pleased.

I drained it after getting home (400 mile round trip) and it had captured about 6-8 oz of muck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I haven't noticed much of a difference yet in mileage, but the truck is slightly more responsive. Only put around 800 miles on it so far since the RX can install, but this is what I have caught. Seems like a lot to me.

image-2269078.jpg

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Haven't noticed anything, but then again I tuned it at the same time that I put on the can. So far for 5000km I filled up a 500ml bottle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts