F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I would only go OEM. Keep us updated how they last.

FYI the 2020+ Ford GT is getting "high output" coil packs. I am trying to find a way to get a set. Are all year eco coilpack designs the same? lol

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
858 Posts
You gotta put the decals on, if you actually want to see power gains.

Honestly though, if your stock coils were getting tired, you probably would have noticed the same improvement putting another stock set in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, those were my exact thoughts. With 3 broken coil clips to start with, I assumed someone changed some of them, not all. I like the idea of knowing all 6 are starting out new.

My toolbox might get faster.... Im too old to be putting stickers and crap on my truck anymore lol

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
X2 on the decals. That's where the power comes from :)

Reactions: Mikedick77

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
858 Posts
Took it for over 100 mile drive yesterday. Runs butter smooth. I thought I had issues with my tune and the shifting part. Not so at all. Amazing when a vehicle runs like it should how all the other parts work much better or in-sync. I assume running a little off messes with things like vaccum, pressures, and the like.

As I said, probably had more than 1 bad coil, now it's running well enough to make me crack a smile.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Took it for over 100 mile drive yesterday. Runs butter smooth. I thought I had issues with my tune and the shifting part. Not so at all. Amazing when a vehicle runs like it should how all the other parts work much better or in-sync. I assume running a little off messes with things like vaccum, pressures, and the like.

As I said, probably had more than 1 bad coil, now it's running well enough to make me crack a smile.
I felt the same way after getting mine fixed

Reactions: Mikedick77

·
Premium Member
6,570 Posts
It's true. It takes SO MANY pieces to work together in harmony for one of these twin Turbo trucks to perform as designed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
858 Posts
Well, so many people buy these, and first try to make power. It's taken awhile with my particular truck, but I believe first order should be getting it right. It's been all the difference in my happiness with it.

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
858 Posts
Update: A month later, and they are still making me smile, daily. I still feel like they're good as OEM personally. But my tune sure as hell works better with a properly functioning ignition system. It was a good call replacing all of them.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts