F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have put them on, what brand do you recommend? I was looking at either Ford OEM's or the Weathertech no drill. I drive down too many gravel roads during hunting season to leave the truck unprotected!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the OEM ones put on when I bought the truck, and they are NOT a good fit. The are so bulky and the backs toe-in slightly. I took them off and put on a set of WeatherTech...SO much better. They are not nearly as bulky and the fit PERFECTLY to the contours of the fenders and flares (I have a Platinum that has the flare). You can get them for flare or not. So go with the WeatherTechs for sure.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I had the OEM ones put on when I bought the truck, and they are NOT a good fit. The are so bulky and the backs toe-in slightly. I took them off and put on a set of WeatherTech...SO much better. They are not nearly as bulky and the fit PERFECTLY to the contours of the fenders and flares (I have a Platinum that has the flare). You can get them for flare or not. So go with the WeatherTechs for sure.
Ha I know what you mean. You have to know what you are doing to get them to fit properly. It is likely that the dealer or whoever put yours on looked at them and figured thats just the way they fit. I must admit that mine did take quite a bit of messaging to get them to fit right. From your experience with the WeatherTechs not needing so much work to get them to fit properly I'd go with them instead because I like how mine look and fit but it took work to get them that way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For those of you who have put them on, what brand do you recommend? I was looking at either Ford OEM's or the Weathertech no drill. I drive down too many gravel roads during hunting season to leave the truck unprotected!
You might want to look at the DuraFlap mud flaps. They do not require drilling into the metal of your truck, and most are totally drill-less. They are just wide enough and long enough to really protect your truck. I had the splash guards but was still getting mud thrown into my bumper area, and rocks hitting my boat. 2011 F150 front  with flares email (1).jpg 2011 F150 rear with flares email (2).jpg
They do cost more, but not much if you get them without the stainless steel weights. But they really fit the truck better then the molded.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nasty Wendy...Yes it was the dealer that put them on. After I said I didn't like the way they looked, they told me they've had numberous people say that. Sounds like they just don't have the massaging touch to get them just right. I usually go with Ford products if there's an option; this is one that just wasn't a good one from them. WeatherTechs are drill-free also.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought the weathertechs, #110002 for the front ($34.60) & #120002 for the back ($36.30) on Amazon. Couldn't ask for a better fit.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Nasty Wendy...Yes it was the dealer that put them on. After I said I didn't like the way they looked, they told me they've had numberous people say that. Sounds like they just don't have the massaging touch to get them just right. I usually go with Ford products if there's an option; this is one that just wasn't a good one from them. WeatherTechs are drill-free also.
Sounds like Weathertech puts a more user friendly and finished product in your hands than the OEM does. If I had known that the WeatherTechs were less labor intensive I would have gone with them. I thought my extensive efforts to get mine to fit good were due to using a non OEM fender flare but apparently they require the same amount of work with the OEM flares as well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just added the Husky mud flaps front and rear on my 2013 FX4. And if I do say so myself, they look pretty damn good. The finish and texture match the Ford factory fender lip/flares perfect. The front mud flaps can be installed with out removing the front tires and wheels, but the rear flaps do require removal of the tires and wheels for drill clearance. Now I am sure you just noticed that I did say drill clearance, and yes you do have to drill three holes for each mud flap...1/8" holes to be exact. But, that is no big deal.
The flaps are a nice thick material which should hold up well and do the task they are designed to do. The fit was perfect.

Now for the sweet part, I picked them up off of Amazon. Amazon showed to have both the front and rear sets in stock from their Warehouse Deals Section, which is the part of Amazon where returns to if sent back from a previous customer. The only difference is that the box was a little on the worn side, yet the product was brand spanking new. So for $42 I was able to purchase both the front and rear sets and free shipping to boot.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
I know eH. I searched all the weathertech ones haha oops

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Gator backs. I really like them .
I do too...but they are really proud of them. Eventually I will have a full set of the set back flaps on my rig...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts