F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ppl I have come to conclusion that my truck is obnoxiously loud and don't wanna hear that raspy **** any longer.

If I'ma drop 100 bucks on a muffler I'm thinking aero resonator muffler. Anyone have experience with this?

Looking to place 12 inch long after axle before tip. What u guys think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Ok ppl I have come to conclusion that my truck is obnoxiously loud and don't wanna hear that raspy **** any longer.

If I'ma drop 100 bucks on a muffler I'm thinking aero resonator muffler. Anyone have experience with this?

Looking to place 12 inch long after axle before tip. What u guys think?

LOL I dunno but your truck does sound like a Briggs & Stratton lawn mower engine on steroids! :p

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: Pinero61

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Lol, FINALLY!!!!

the aeroforce is just a resonator, but it'll cut most of the rasp out. You can get any of the good name drop in mufflers for 2-300 bucks.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of muffler tho... doesn't it have to be straight thru correct?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
What kind of muffler tho... doesn't it have to be straight thru correct?

Straight through is better for a turbo charged engine. I'm probably going with the corsa 4" flow through with a turn out just before the rear tire

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm looking at aero 30....it's 14 inch long. Body is 10 inch. 3inch in / out. Going to put it right after axel but before my tip.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'm in same boat. What brand of muffler would you suggest

Sent from my white iPad in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk
I haven't changed mufflers on my truck to have an opinion directly related to what will sound best for us but on my GN the Magnaflow straight through has fooled may people into thinking the car had a v8. Deep rumble no rasp.....on a Grand National. I'd like to hear them on our Ecoboost because if they carry that sound over to our application it would be killer.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I think I finally found a sound clip....it doesn't sound like a V8 of course....because that's just pretty much impossible....but it sounds better than I thought it might to me. At least deeper than a Honda with a fart can...

I can't have the same exhaust as a guy that wears skinny jeans. I would be forced to give up my man card...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I know. I asked the flowmaster guy if it was a chambered style muffler and he said no it was a hybrid they developed specifically for the Ecoboost.
Nice.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts