F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie on the site, and after ghosting around I'm very impressed. This is my second F150, and my first ecoboost, and the bugs already bit me to start the mods!!

I'm lookin into just replacing the muffler on my truck. I've done a lot of looking, and really like the way the Heartthrob System sounds. Does anyone know if it is available in anything smaller than 4"? Where can I find just the muffler? I'd like to just directly replace my stock muffler.

If anyone has any input on another decent sounding flow-through muffler let me know. I'm not a fan of the "ricer" sound and I'm having trouble finding one (the heartthrob seems to be the only one I've found that sounds throaty)

Thanks in advance!

Specs

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I believe the hearthrob has a 4" outlet... If that's the case, you'll have to get a larger outlet pipe to the tip of the exhaust. I could be wrong though!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are there any flow through mufflers that don't sound like a weed eater that will match up to the stock exhaust pipe sizing?

I like the stock look, which is why I don't want to go with a whole system.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Good sound is very difficult to obtain with the ecoboost... All the best exhausts are 3.5 to 4". You'll probably have to do the whole catback to get the best sound.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick response KC.

Anybody have any experience with a Gibson muff on an Ecoboost?

Reactions: Johntkdbb

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KC thanks for the clip.

Stock pipes are 3" in/3" out, right? I'm almost positive its 3"out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know 12 and 13s are 3" but read someone who claimed his 11 was 2.5". Not sure about the quality of the source.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I have not measured, but I've read that it goes from 3, down to 2.5 in the resonator, then 3 out of the resonator into the muffler, then 3 out of the muffler to the tip.

Don't take this as official measures! Just what I've read from multiple sources and put it all together so some could be wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not measured, but I've read that it goes from 3, down to 2.5 in the resonator, then 3 out of the resonator into the muffler, then 3 out of the muffler to the tip.
The pipe is smaller out of the resonator and gets bigger into the muffler, don't know the exact measurements for sure.

Just to be sure, looks like I'll be climbing under the pickup with a tape measure when it cools off after work and breakin out the calculator! Grade school math is actually coming in handy! I'll update when the oven is turned off outside.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For all intensive purposes, the inlet/outlet measures 3"/3" on my pickup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts