F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Smoke the headlight, the brake lights, third brake light, and ecoboost emblem! Then it'll be fully murdered!

·
Registered
394 Posts
What lift do you have on your truck? Looks good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can use nightshades spray paint can with a clear coat which is a cheap way or buy the smoked head and tailights through a company like Recon

·
Registered
860 Posts
Man that looks good! Can you post a head on shot? What brand/size/offset are those wheels?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2's. Wheels are 17x9 v-tec raptors. Not sure of the brand of the level kit but I got it done at Les Schwab Tire Center. They did an amazing job.

The front is the only part that is not blacked out

ForumRunner_20130731_110547.jpg

I'm in the market for an all black ford grill. Don't care if it is 3 bar, 2 bar or 6 bar, shiny, or matte black. Once I have that and the heads, tails, 3rd brake light my machine will be complete

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
They are 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2's. Wheels are 17x9 v-tec raptors. Not sure of the brand of the level kit but I got it done at Les Schwab Tire Center. They did an amazing job.

The front is the only part that is not blacked out

View attachment 2500

I'm in the market for an all black ford grill. Don't care if it is 3 bar, 2 bar or 6 bar, shiny, or matte black. Once I have that and the heads, tails, 3rd brake light my machine will be complete
That truck will be so black that bats will fly into it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can use nightshades spray paint can with a clear coat which is a cheap way or buy the smoked head and tailights through a company like Recon
Do I apply the night shades first and then the clear coat? Or other way around

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Just remember that black tail lights may be illegal in your area (they are in Texas). Recon or other aftermarket offer "smoked" or black housing lights that provide a more "murdered" look but are still illegal.

My mustang was blacked out but mustangs also have the largest aftermarket parts selection of any car...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nightshades first usually a coat let it dry 5 minutes then another coat followed by 5 min up to 3x, then apply clear coat. I did this for my orange mirror reflectors and they came out good on my last F150, also a company Lamin-X makes different color films for head, tail, fog lights etc. I have "Gunsmoke" film on my fog lights, this is just another option for you as I believe they have very dark in the way of film

·
Registered
227 Posts
How do.I smoke them? What do I use to do that?

Can try these OEM Ford F-150 Black Tail Light Pair - SVT Raptor, Harley Davidson AL3Z13404AE : Amazon.com : Automotive for the tails and Amazon.com: OEM Ford F-150 Black Headlight Pair - SVT Raptor, Harley Davision AL3Z13008AJ: Automotive to get rid of the chrome.
2009-2013 F150 ANZO LED Third Brake Light (Smoked) 531073 for the third brake light.

Just look around, type things into google and see what comes out. eBay, autoanything, recon, stage3 there's too many to list. Of course, if you want to go full OEM HID that opens up so more. Thost kits seem to be $$$
New Black 2009 to 2013 Ford F 150 HID Headlights | eBay and the seller says you'll need a harness here www.raptorretrofit.com. <--that site is pretty cool itself.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was wondering if I could fit 35's with just a leveling kit.. you answered my question. It looks great!
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. Some guys say you can and others say you can't. I'm looking at getting Toyo Open Country AT II's in 35X12.5X20 on my stock FX4 wheels but I'm worried about them rubbing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts