F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started, not sure what all it's going to show but thought I'd share!

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Watched it, not impressed. Should have used a different product line monicker.
It's the future. I admit that all electric just isn't in my DNA, and that's OK since I'm a soon to be extinct old dinosaur anyways.

But I did buy the missus a Cmax back in 2013 and it, along with the Fusion version of the same drive train, was pretty dang impressive. Considering that in the hybrid and all-electric arena, the technology is advancing rapidly, and those two vehicles are already "SO yesterday", I'm kinda happy that Ford is aggressively jumping in.

A little strange that the Mustang equity is being spent on it, but I'm not shocked.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Snake, that was the only point I wanted to make. It coulda been a Falcon or a Torino but they made it a Mustang. It’s probably a great first go at an EV for them but a Mustang? It’s gotta great user interface and they spent as much time talking about that as anything. Just a different day and age for an old GearHead.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
I agree on the naming snafu. Surely they expect to get tons of flack for that.

But it's kinda funny that it's probably the fastest 0-60 Mustang that they've ever built?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah a bit of a let down to carry that name, I'm thinking they should've went with E-Pinto :p

·
Registered
579 Posts
Agree with everyone. It looks interesting... and completely, utterly boring. Definitely shouldn't carry the Mustang moniker.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
That thing is ugly as hell. I don't know what theyre going for here.

Also the Ford execs there was painfully cringe worthy. They were reading from prompts and trying to "act hip" it was so horrible.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Though I think the new GT500 was claiming a 3.3, 0-60 time.
I stand corrected. But it's kind of amazing that it'll take a Fire breathing GT500 to best someone's wife in a silent SUV.

I realize that around here, with the audience being the gearhead-gasoline-truck-crowd that we are, talking Tesla inspired "mini-vans" can induce a little throw-up in our mouth. Lol

Still, if it's the future, and it certainly seems so, I'm glad it won't just be Porsche or BMW or even Tesla raising the bar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was skeptical about the eco when they debuted it. Then I studied the specs and I bought one. I thinks may be a bridge to far though. Wrong branding for sure. They could have built this and called it almost anything else in their lineup past and present, but the chose the stange.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
The teslas are only quick in a drag race on the highest mode, which kills the charge fast. They take off really fast but plateau on top end.

A lot of gasoline cars that loose in a drag race due to traction, from a roll race, top speed, race track etc are still better performers.

I also find it odd electric is being shoved up our asses, why is there not changes to fuel? We can make everything fake/synthetic, except fuel. That is because the monopoly and world order that controls the industry, not to mention if oil from the earth was stopped, it would bankrupt the middle east and russia. We could easy make syntetic fuel and run in diesel engines that would require no emissions because the exhaust would be no harmful with the fake fuel and would simultaneously get incredible MPG.

I think manufacteurs should also focus on extending cars lives and repurposing them, maybe putting update engines. Electric is supposed to be green, yet cars are still throw away items.

This is my opinion of course.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
The teslas are only quick in a drag race on the highest mode, which kills the charge fast. They take off really fast but plateau on top end.

A lot of gasoline cars that loose in a drag race due to traction, from a roll race, top speed, race track etc are still better performers.

I also find it odd electric is being shoved up our asses, why is there not changes to fuel? We can make everything fake/synthetic, except fuel. That is because the monopoly and world order that controls the industry, not to mention if oil from the earth was stopped, it would bankrupt the middle east and russia. We could easy make syntetic fuel and run in diesel engines that would require no emissions because the exhaust would be no harmful with the fake fuel and would simultaneously get incredible MPG.

I think manufacteurs should also focus on extending cars lives and repurposing them, maybe putting update engines. Electric is supposed to be green, yet cars are still throw away items.

This is my opinion of course.
Electrics have the advantage of near perfect traction control. Combine it with AWD and huge amounts of torque and you can basically just accelerate the car as fast as the tires will allow every single time. Thats why you always see those videos of Tesla's beating up on Dodge Demons. The demon is still leaving black stripes from a 60mph roll while the Tesla is putting down perfect power.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Sorry, Ken block didn't look impressed and that guy knows effing good cars and trucks.

Also the mustang name is fucking dumb. And Mach? even dumber.

Almost as friggen dumb as Bronco Scout... Or for that matter releasing 2 versions of a bronco at one time.

Ugh!

Why is it that all manufacturers try to make their Electrics and Hybrids look so goddam space shippy and ugly?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts