F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know we have upgraded the truck and are now making 460+ RWTQ, and yet I can not do a simple brake stand. I have the factory 17s with cheap factory street tires and yes i had the traction control off. Anyone else tried this? I was so excited to post up a smokey burnout video....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Push one to take traction control off and then you have to hold the button down again about 5 secs maybe little more to take advance trac off. Should pop up and tell you it off. Then it will blow the tires off with nothing stopping it

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did a brake stand in mine without turning anything off and it blew the tires off as soon as the turbos spooled. When I let off the brake the trac. control kicked in quickly.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm on 35s and I can power brake mine. You have to hold traction control button down until advance track goes off.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yup whole reason why I think there should be a off-road button like that on the raptor lol! Winter time drifts or summer time burn outs only happen after traction control and advance trac is turned off (holding down button like mentions above) otherwise the fun gets shut down as fast as the EcoBeast eating up big V8s lol!

·
Registered
191 Posts
My 2003 Mercury Marquis (spare car) can do a burn out so burn outs don't impress me much. Big waste of tires in my opinion.

The other posters are correct....turn off the traction control.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill have to give it another try today. This is going to be a big waste of tires, but i got new wheels and tires so these stock 17s might as well be used for something.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Def hold down the button until TC and Advance Trac are off. Mine with my custom tune will spin for a long long ways in 2wd. With that being said...I've done it once and on accident, barely got it to stop. I cannot afford new tires right now.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I will have to change the title of this post. My Ecoboost WILL do a brake stand. Thanks to everyone who chimed in and reminded me about the Advance Trac. Video to follow...

IMG_3389.jpg

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Normally I rip on people that post burnout videos, but I thoroughly enjoyed that one. You have built a smoking sweet truck!

SPPD

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We just like to give the manufactures as much press as we can. They had been begging for a video and I didn't want to do it until I got a new set of wheels and tires.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haven't done a burnout like this in 4 years (at-least that's when youtube says we uploaded it). This was my 2007 Mustang GT.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice! If i didnt sell my stock set of tires i was gonna burn them down, haha makes me want to go buy some junk tires to burn down!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
12 Participants
kenbasstx
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing