F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys!, I recently bought a 2013 f150, and with what I heard had to go with the Ecoboost, I must say, I'm impressed with the motor.

Mods I've done:
Afe stage 2 cold air
Afe 4" catback exhaust kit
Afe throttle body spacer
Sct 91 tune

Mods wanted:
Afe blade runner pipe
Afe scorcher module
Headers
Full race intercooler relocate

With the current mods, truck is hella fast, and is still decent on gas, cannot wait to add more performance mods! Anyone know what else I can add performance wise?!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice set up, I'm glad I read this thread I have no clue about this "Full race intercooler relocate". Then again I haven't really thought about relocating my intercooler only thought about putting a huge one on there that would take up the whole front end... j/k LOL. I'm gonna have to look into this some more because I do want to put a light bar in there that would take up the entire space and would restrict amount of air that would get back to the intercooler.

As for adding performance mods look to having custom tunes made for you by somebody that can tune through the SCT. I am getting quite a bit more power out of my SCT Livewire with my tunes from More Power Tuning then I could out of the SCT tunes. You could even go as far as actually taking it up to a shop and having it tuned on a dyno for max power out of your set up. Truly after exhaust, intake, tuner and maybe ethanol injection and just for kicks a little nitrous anything you got left is open up the motor start doing intern work. Can't wait to see someone make a stroker out of one of these 3.5L TT motors:D it's only a matter of time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked into a custom tune to put into my sct device, and I'm gonna do it within a week or two, gonna dyno the truck this weekend and see where I'm at and go from there, I'm swapping out the front end for the Harley front end, wanted to do the same thing at first, just a massive intercooler from side to side LOL.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just came back from the dyno, 350hp/450tq to the wheels, they were having problems with the dyno, they said it pulled a lot harder than it showed, they said I should be sitting around 450hp/550+tq!! Not bad

·
Registered
8 Posts
awsome truck! good to see people modding these things, i really wanna toy with mine ran [email protected] bone stock with 3k rounds on it lol. I just dont wanna toss my extended warranty out the window if i went the full blown bolt on route and tune.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed you said you plan on getting the afe blade runner charge pipe. I noticed installing the charge pipe after installing the throttle body spacer it was a little difficult to match up the connections with the coupling hoses provided. You may want to get some spare hose to cut yourself to make a better fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice build bro, and Im considering some myself. I visited the AFE site and saw a Scorcher module adding 40hp. Would that be the way to go? I have considered adding to my 2013 FX2 Beast the stage 2 air, and throttle body spacer. I've been looking at the Heart Throb exhaust. It adds up to about 120 hp increase. Ill listen to any feed back please.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You could look into doing the 73mm Throttle body and the J pipe for your exhaust. I am about to do a bunch of upgrades to my truck so it is good to know that there are others that are using the same parts that I have picked out and are loving it. Let me know if you have any issues that come up so that I will know what to look for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i've got all of the aFe stuff mentioned above including the larger charge pipe and module - love the increases. had issues with the truck "stuttering" after installing the module on a 1,000 mile drive to fla. going to try the unichip module on the way back from fla and see if that fixes it - the module seemed like a great compromise, didn't want to void the warranty by using a tuner. if the chip module is this good, maybe a custom tune - to heck with the extended warrenty. next up is the header and exhaust system from Livernois... can't wait!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just came back from the dyno, 350hp/450tq to the wheels, they were having problems with the dyno, they said it pulled a lot harder than it showed, they said I should be sitting around 450hp/550+tq!! Not bad
Is that second set of numbers they guessed to the wheels? Or crank? Don't get me wrong, your truck is sick, and I'm not trolling, just being honest, but if theyre talkin WHP, 450 is impossible with the current mods you have. Your current numbers are about right if you look up other peoples dyno results. The stock fuel system is maxed out at around 390-400whp. But awesome truck man, you'll love the Full-Race CAC, I have one and I couldn't be happier. Geoff and the guys there really take time to make things happen on our trucks.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looking good! Keep us posted on your progress!

SPPD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
SPPD
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing