F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
i guess it's true, because Comp turbos was behaving the same even before flashing 5star tune.
Ah, well there you go. My turbos are so much larger than stock, so there it’s like driving a totally different truck. There’s a delay of power and torque till I hit a certain rpm from a dead stop. From a 40 roll, my little 2.7 with the stock turbos stunk pretty bad. I mean it wasn’t terrible, but it stunk. The higher the rpm I could feel the torque just falling off. Now it’s completely different. I’d love to see a torque graph of these turbos, but I’m certain the torque doesn’t fall off as fast.

Reactions: 3.5shadowblack17

· Registered
2016 F150 Ecoboost 3.5L Lariat
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update:
after installing the defouler, the CEL is back 😢 (defouler option failed)

· Registered
211 Posts
Update:
after installing the defouler, the CEL is back 😢 (defouler option failed)
wow, I have 2 in a shopping cart right now and was about to pull the trigger. I have also seen that you can splice in a resistor on the wires going to the back O2 sensors. does anyone know if thats a viable option? it makes sense to me, I am pretty sure that the post cat O2s do not influence the fuel mix or anything, the pre cat O2s would be the only things changing the fuel ratios. is there anyone that can confirm?

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
1,205 Posts
wow, I have 2 in a shopping cart right now and was about to pull the trigger. I have also seen that you can splice in a resistor on the wires going to the back O2 sensors. does anyone know if thats a viable option? it makes sense to me, I am pretty sure that the post cat O2s do not influence the fuel mix or anything, the pre cat O2s would be the only things changing the fuel ratios. is there anyone that can confirm?
Correct rear O2s are just to check cat efficiency. Fronts adjust fueling.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
am going to try moving the downstream O2 sensor away for the CAT as per Todd suggestion from TL Tech, similar to the location of O2 sensor of what StainlessWorks Downpipe, AMS and others has.
I think it's worth to try it.
I will try to do it by next week and maybe share some photos with you guys.

i will update you guys once done.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
am back with bad news for me :LOL:

i have relocated the O2 sensors on my CVF downpipe far from the CAT, but i got CEL back again :cry:

Photos are below for the O2 sensor new locations TIG welded:

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Musical instrument Motor vehicle Rim

Musical instrument Automotive exhaust Automotive lighting Gas Bicycle part

i still need to confirm the code, but i assume it's the same P0420.
i will check the code tomorrow and let you know guys.

is it possible that the sensor not working properly? or got damaged while replacing the downpipe, which causing throwing P0420.

· Registered
867 Posts
These are the defoulers that CVF recommends. They actually have catalytic converter material shielding the sensors, further masking the efficiency difference from the stock cats. I’m not going to comment if thats a good idea or not, but it’s done the job of getting the CEL to stay off for me.

O2 Simulator Mini Cat Cel Fix stainless steel Rear O2 sensor simulator.

Terrible website, and I have no clue if they ship overseas. But they work as advertised and were reasonably inexpensive.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I tried to buy these first, but website did not accept non-US PayPal account. i have already asked a friend to buy it for me. he is visiting Dubai in 10 days.
I will try them and see if they will work for me.

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
I put my SPD 02 extenders on and haven’t had a code since I put them on.

Reactions: 3.5shadowblack17

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
SPD extenders are not available any more i guess

· Registered
2020 F-150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost
24 Posts
Correct. SPD defoulers have not been available for about a year or so now.

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
Correct. SPD defoulers have not been available for about a year or so now.
Really? They sent me some about 6 months afo

· Registered
2020 F-150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost
24 Posts
Maybe they just don’t advertise them due to regulations? But you cannot find them listed for sale anywhere, at least nothing I could find.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Update on my CEL problem.
Todd from TL Tech helped me with a tune to turn off CEL for my truck. its been more than 7 days driving my truck without CEL.
scanning for DTC with Forscan showing no codes for P0420 or P0430.

placed an order for two new upgrades are Full Race turbo Adapter kit and AMS Turbo Inlet Tube, both should arrive in 10 days from now and they would be the final upgrade for my truck.

· Registered
867 Posts
Update on my CEL problem.
Todd from TL Tech helped me with a tune to turn off CEL for my truck. its been more than 7 days driving my truck without CEL.
scanning for DTC with Forscan showing no codes for P0420 or P0430.

placed an order for two new upgrades are Full Race turbo Adapter kit and AMS Turbo Inlet Tube, both should arrive in 10 days from now and they would be the final upgrade for my truck.
nice to not have the american EPA to worry about over there :)

· Performance & Tuning
140 Posts
The CEL is gone because I worked with Ali to repair the problem. I did not simply turn off the CEL. In fact he is getting better gas mileage because of the repairs he made and thanks to the tuning I did for him.

· Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
724 Posts
The CEL is gone because I worked with Ali to repair the problem. I did not simply turn off the CEL. In fact he is getting better gas mileage because of the repairs he made and thanks to the tuning I did for him.
I was waiting for this clarification. Nice work!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts