F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Text Paper Paper product Document Text Paper Design Paper product Pattern
The first photo is 4th gear, second is 3rd gear between each run was given 20 min cool down

Blue run is Corsa catback only
Red run is Corsa and Bullydog CAI
Green run is Corsa, bullydog, and afe scorcher module

·
Registered
873 Posts
So the intake actually is useless haha. I would like to see a programmer less the intake and maybe that would explain if they are worth the $

·
Registered
868 Posts
68 ftlbs of torque with 2 more lbs of boost from the scorcher is pretty impressive, i had one for 3 days and sent it back it was to aggressive for me to drive around town.
im kind surprised though that you loose 18 ftlbs of torque and gain 2 hp with the CAI
so my question is was the CAI an enclosed unit with a lid ?
that would explain the loss in torque
also do you know what the base numbers were before the exhaust to see if any torque was lost there initially ?

·
Registered
868 Posts
actually i think those are the biggest numbers i have seen so far and not hard to get at all !

they might be slightly bigger than Bill's numbers with SCT tunes

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Wow!

Great numbers!

SPPD

·
Registered
868 Posts
OK, i did some dredging and came up with this from Bill's dyno runs.
The Airaid cold air intake and SCT tune managed to out-do the Edge by throwing down 379.20 horsepower and 460.26 lb-ft of torque quoted from Bill and with 91 oct.
you had posted a pull with Corsa, bullydog cai, and afe scorcher module pushing out 362.16 max hp and 469.49 max torque

so you made more torque with the corsa exhaust but gave up a few hp and didnt need to run 91 oct
very nice !!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Someone needs to get brave and stack afe modual and a tuner to see what kinda numbers they can get
I think the only numbers that would come from that is $ for a blown up engine.

SPPD

Reactions: fx4 4fun

·
Registered
868 Posts
a good tuner will give you lots of flexability in adjusting the fuel map and timing curve.
i wouldnt recommend stacking a module on top of a canned tune for avg joe but if you know what your doing and checked your AFR it could be done with some changes to keep it in a safe range.
the one thing that i have never heard is where the stall of these turbos would be and that would have to be a consideration at some point.
i cant wait for my warranty to expire / hell i will have a tuner plugged in before the warranty expiration anyway

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the intake actually is useless haha. I would like to see a programmer less the intake and maybe that would explain if they are worth the $
Yea I actually called bullydog about that cause I was pretty pissed and they didn't act at all surprised. He was like if you put our tuner on then it will provide gains that it pretty much does nothing on its own.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
68 ftlbs of torque with 2 more lbs of boost from the scorcher is pretty impressive, i had one for 3 days and sent it back it was to aggressive for me to drive around town.
im kind surprised though that you loose 18 ftlbs of torque and gain 2 hp with the CAI
so my question is was the CAI an enclosed unit with a lid ?
that would explain the loss in torque

also do you know what the base numbers were before the exhaust to see if any torque was lost there initially ?
yes bullydogs cai is a inclosed unit, no unfourtantly I dont have a run with the stock exhaust cause I had a f150 limited with the 6.2 that I traded for a shelby and that corsa was laying around from me getting rid of it so I threw it in the 2nd day I had it and junked the stock. All I know is corsa claims 11hp and 13tq on the ecoboost part Number and I was using the V8 part Number kit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yep....not sure why people waste their money on these. Ford spends millions on R&D....these days I feel they optimize the intakes and exhausts fairly well.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
What octane fuel were you running?

SPPD

·
Registered
151 Posts
OK, i did some dredging and came up with this from Bill's dyno runs.
The Airaid cold air intake and SCT tune managed to out-do the Edge by throwing down 379.20 horsepower and 460.26 lb-ft of torque quoted from Bill and with 91 oct.
you had posted a pull with Corsa, bullydog cai, and afe scorcher module pushing out 362.16 max hp and 469.49 max torque

so you made more torque with the corsa exhaust but gave up a few hp and didnt need to run 91 oct
very nice !!
I posted a thread a couple months ago with my tune #'s. they are all close. I am runnning a stage 2 cai, 4" heartthrob exhaust and a custom tuned sct tuner. without the tune I was 340hp and 387 torque, that's with the cai and exhaust. after the tune I was 365hp and 461tq with a wat better torque and hp curve. was tuned at 2800ft as well. I love it! pulled my 9-10 000lb toy hauler over the rocky mountains all summer. had people at the gas station ask to look inside the hauler because they didn't believe it was loaded... Amazing little truck! only thing I have to watch now is the temp guage when pulling those long 5% grades. It will not stop gaining speed uphill but the temperature will.

·
Registered
868 Posts
yes bullydogs cai is a inclosed unit, no unfourtantly I dont have a run with the stock exhaust cause I had a f150 limited with the 6.2 that I traded for a shelby and that corsa was laying around from me getting rid of it so I threw it in the 2nd day I had it and junked the stock. All I know is corsa claims 11hp and 13tq on the ecoboost part Number and I was using the V8 part Number kit.

the enclosed CAI units have been proven to loose about 18 lbft of torque over the open designs without a lid
i have seen this on dyno charts before and almost all hold true

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
brian3sahi265 said:
the enclosed CAI units have been proven to loose about 18 lbft of torque over the open designs without a lid
i have seen this on dyno charts before and almost all hold true
So what your saying is take my lid off and I should see better results

1 - 20 of 39 Posts