F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local air strip where they hold drag races once a month.. Its an 1/8 mile track. No timer just called flashlight drags. I raced 3 hemis beating all of them by 3 lengths.. Then a guy came up to me with a silveraldo asking to race so i lined them up with him. His truck was bone stock but launching in 4 wheel drive. with 6.2 v8.. The first race he had me by a fender, i raced him one more time and he ended up getting me by 2 inches. I was running 93 canned tune from sct, an afe stage 2 magnum intake, and 4 inch cat back straight pipe. I was launching at like 1800rpm in 2 wheel drive with traction control on. I was spinning in first and second.

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Before I had my Ecoboost I had a 2010 ext cab with 6.2, This is my first Ford and it pulls much harder thru the gears than my Chevy ever did.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the guy said it looked like my truck pulled allot harder than his

·
Registered
589 Posts
That is still impressive... Your Eco beast is built like a tank bro! Bumper and all and had you set it up to drag instead of going thru building walls you prop would of came out ahead lol!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol yea i had allot of extra weight on him. If i wouldn't have been spinning halfway down the track i would have had him for sure. And i still had my golf clubs a cooler and corn hole boards in my bed lol there is an extra hundred pounds haha

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah the fact you had missed out by a few inches with all that weight and having the rear tires spinning is amazing... Hopefully the guy noticed and respect was given both ways... Whats up with no 4x4 launches?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea he was respectful to me lol.. And didn't wanna risk breaking anything on it haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2012 extended cab with a 6.5 box and my buddy has a 2012 gmc 6.2 v8. I have a leveling kit and he has a 4'' lift- we both have 35" tires and I have raced him from a dead stop, going 30km, going 50km, up a steep hill from a dead stop and I have beat him every time. He cant believe it! His truck is bone stock and I have the heartthrob exhaust with a 2-stage AFE cai. I always race in 4 high and so does he. Otherwise I would roast my back tires. Any one race a Ford 6.2?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts