F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally drilled my CAC due to a vibration at idle I've had since buying this truck a year ago. FYI I've put new plugs on it with no success too.

At 165K miles I figure it was due or a walnut blasting but figured I'd drill the hole first here in Ohio.

When done about 2 teas spoons of oil came out. No water mixed it....no gunk...straight dark oil. Reving and then driving it produced no additional crude. I'd saw my moisture is burning off and I have little need catch can. I did buy a scope so I'll have a look at my intake ports but I suspect they are not going to be as terrible as I noted.

After two weeks...I still have the same vibration at stop (in gear) but it goes away (mostly) in park or natural. Maybe it's engine/trans mounts.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The drilling was for a stumble at higher rpm while moving. Have you changed the plugs?

·
Administrator
7,787 Posts
Why would you think that a vibration at stop is due to moisture in your CAC?

Drilling the weep hole (as BigPhatPaulie mentioned) is so when you are WOT or at higher RPM's you blow that crap out of your CAC instead of sucking it into the engine. It has no bearing on a "vibration"

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah, weep hole won't net you a change with this issue. Might help you keep some of that oil off your valves after you walnut blast though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Clean your MAP sensors and check your spark plugs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You mentioned you changed the plugs already. Have you changed the coil boots too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts