F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I got my first F150 month ago, picture attached. So far I really like it.

Currently I am doing my search for tire chains. I am going on a hunting trip in few weeks and need some chains. There are stock Hankook DynaPro 20" M+S tires that are not great but I've heard have decent performance in the snow. Chains are not mandatory as in some states but would give me more confidence. I've read about Ford not recommending chains on front wheels, I think it's mostly due to clearance for brake lines and other components. Still have to do some reading. Any suggestions here are welcome.

I got LEER canopy 100XR hooked with the remote; planning to get Husky mud guards, wheel well covers. Also got Husky floor mats, love it. I've used WeatherTech before in all our cars but I like rubbery feel of Husky floor liners. Not planning to do any mods so far. Got 5k on it in first month. 2.7L engine has no issues moving that truck around when fully loaded. 10 speed transmission shifts smoothly.

Overall, I like truck a lot. Can't really compare with anything since my previous cars were 1997 Isuzu Rodeo, 1997 Acura Integra, 2012 Kia Optima (both manual) and had no issues with any of them. I think, when you take care of your car, it won't let you down.

Cheers,

Tomas

Attachments

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Nice truck! Welcome

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Welcome fellow booster!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Were those 20's an option for your truck? The reason I ask is, my 2018 FX4 came with 275/65-18s. Would've preferred 20s like they have on STX models, but the FX4s have 18s...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Were those 20's an option for your truck? The reason I ask is, my 2018 FX4 came with 275/65-18s. Would've preferred 20s like they have on STX models, but the FX4s have 18s...
My brother just purchased a 2018 XLT Fx4 with 20s. I have also seen several others.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My brother just purchased a 2018 XLT Fx4 with 20s. I have also seen several others.
I have a 2.7, so maybe the 20's are stock on 3.5s?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts