F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new here, still figuring out where everything is and how to navigate. I’m coming from gmfullsize.com, so bare with me. This is my first Ford, let alone first ecoboost. Purchased it Saturday April 24th, 2021. It is a 2013 with 111k miles, 3.5L lariat 4x4. The salesman that I dealt with told me that the man that had it before, was an old retired marine vet that only used it to pull his boat with occasionally. This thing is in near showroom condition, inside and out. Only spot I can find on the whole truck was a small little knick/ding on the tailgate from a trailer tongue hitting it. No biggie to me. Got a great deal on it. Coming from a Chevrolet 2500HD with a 6.0 I was worried about power from the ecoboost, but so far I’m really impressed with it and I haven’t missed my Chevrolet at all (I still have it though). Anyway I just wanted to start a thread to kinda keep track of the things I do to this new rig, even though it will probably be mild. I’m out of the whole “over the top” truck scene now. So here’s a few pics, the PO had already installed a leveling kit (though I’m not sure what size), Leer camper shell painted to match, bedrug inside the bed, a kenwood double din touch screen inside, with backup camera, a set of takeoff 18” wheels and tires from a 2015ish F150, and a few other small things. I will try and upload some pics of the interior tonight as I did not take any of that yet.
Here’s after I just drove it home:

Shortly after I removed the running boards and the weird out of place bumper grille that was on there. De-grandpa-ing if you will:

and I’ll throw in a pic of my Chevrolet just because:

PS: sorry if these pics post gigantic..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m sure you all know what the interior of a lariat looks like, but here’s a few pics of my interior anyway; also forgot to add the day after I got it I ordered weather tech liners for the front (over the hump). If you’ve never had these, I highly recommend. I have some in my other truck as well and will never have a vehicle without them

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,985 Posts
Welcome.
The bumper grill like I put on mine is to keep rocks and debris from hitting the CAC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I should have clarified a little more lol. I don’t mind a bumper grille but the one the PO had installed just didn’t match up to the main grille or anything else to me haha.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Clean truck.

Just be aware adding a lower grille will lower the effectiveness of the intercooler. I noticed a big difference in IAT2s running with and without one. I’ve since removed it.

Happy Boosting.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I have a one off lower grill. Made it myself.
0101E1F5-4ADD-4A6B-AF72-06ADB22A2A41.jpeg
Before.
2D849C37-B7C9-4722-848E-29EC37486210.jpeg
New upgraded front.
It’s not going to stop all rocks but if the upper grill has this big of gaps I thought it would be good enough to match the lower.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,985 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Clean truck.

Just be aware adding a lower grille will lower the effectiveness of the intercooler. I noticed a big difference in IAT2s running with and without one. I’ve since removed it.

Happy Boosting.
It’s still boosting 15-16 psi stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a one off lower grill. Made it myself.
View attachment 172212
Before.
View attachment 172213
New upgraded front.
It’s not going to stop all rocks but if the upper grill has this big of gaps I thought it would be good enough to match the lower.
I dig it. It’s subtle and doesn’t look out of place at all. You can kinda tell in the earlier pics of mine I posted that it just didn’t match anything at all haha. I kinda dig the empty look on mine though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Question. I want to white out my front/rear Ford emblems, as well as the f150/lariat inside the chrome badges on the sides/rear, but I don’t want to take any of them off the truck to paint them, so can anyone point me in the right direction of what (if any) vinyl there is out there that I can wrap them with that is closest to the paint of the truck?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts