F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’m on the fence about it, I kinda want to dress up the engine bay a little bit and also the induction noise is kind of a want for me too, not concerned with power as much honestly although I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to install one. With that said, best brand for the money? Also, I took a shot in the dark and pulled the LED’s in the fog lights of my Chevrolet to see if they fit and it was an exact match, so I went ahead and swapped those out. Found some 194’s I had bought for the Chevrolet as well and gonna swap tag lights out as well, and map lights if I can figure out how to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
While neither is particularly cheap, personally I feel the S&B and Injen intakes are the best looking kits out there, I really like the chrome pipes on the Injen, great for dressing things up under the hood.

Reactions: eastnc_eco13

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have actually been eyeing the Injen kit, cost is the main reason I haven’t gotten it yet lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Where do you guys purchase LED’s nowadays? I used to just get cheaper ones on Amazon in my other truck and have had surprisingly great luck in the past, but with this truck I want to make sure I get the highest quality I can. I also used to use superbrightleds.com a lot too but just curious to see what others use. I’m going to order them today to finish everything out. Also is there any other way, other than resistors or using forscan, to eliminate hyper flash with turn signal LED’s? Like I said the PO had installed them in all the rear lights and it resulted in the turn signals having hyper flash and I want to get rid of that altogether when I do switchbacks in the front turn signals. Had inline resistors when I did it in my chev but I don’t really want to go that route if possible.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
Where do you guys purchase LED’s nowadays? I used to just get cheaper ones on Amazon in my other truck and have had surprisingly great luck in the past, but with this truck I want to make sure I get the highest quality I can. I also used to use superbrightleds.com a lot too but just curious to see what others use. I’m going to order them today to finish everything out. Also is there any other way, other than resistors or using forscan, to eliminate hyper flash with turn signal LED’s? Like I said the PO had installed them in all the rear lights and it resulted in the turn signals having hyper flash and I want to get rid of that altogether when I do switchbacks in the front turn signals. Had inline resistors when I did it in my chev but I don’t really want to go that route if possible.

Diode Dynamics are the best.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts