F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, just bought a 13 ecoboost xlt 4x4 with 3.31 rear and must say it is probaly the best vehical i've ever driven! traded in an 04 5.3 silverado with 76,000 miles that ran great but no comparison to the f 150. What oil do you folks run ? I know forced induction is hard on oil and i assume the eco is no different. I was thinking pennzoil ultra or amsoil 5w30. Would rotella t6 5w40 be out of the question because of warranty ? thanks !

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I just let the dealer take care of my oil changes that way they can't blame me in case something goes wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I also take mine in for oil changes... I just know its a synthetic blend.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you're liking your ecoboost thus far.

·
Registered
868 Posts
welcome !
the dealer will be doing most of my oil changes but it will be full synthetic starting next month !

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I did my first oil change after one month of owning it, just to get the "break in" oil out (and any critters). I used Ford's Semi-Synthetic but will probably go full Synthetic at my next oil change.

While I personally prefer to do my own oil changes, I will be letting Ford do it for the next while (I had Ford include all maintenance when I bought in July). Also, I have a 4x4 with a skid plate and I read it's not the cleanest or easiest thing to do an oil change.

PS: This is also my first Ford...there are a number of us who converted to the "Dark Side".

·
Registered
36 Posts
I will be doing my own and will be using a full synthetic from Mobile One. Many other good synthetics out there but I just settled on Mobile One. I think my area temps in the book chart show 5w/30.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I changed the breakin oil out of the engine at 2500 miles. I ran a conventional oil (non synthetic or synthetic blend) and changed that at 4500, and put in full synthetic Mobil 1 5W-30. I have 6100 miles on the rig (bought it in Feb) and my fuel economy is really starting to come around. The rig used to get 13-15 in town and 11-18 on the road, unloaded. Just since the synthetic oil change my economy improved to 15 to 17 in town and on the last two long road trips I averaged 18.4 and 18.2 mpg. I will be running Mobil1 full synthetic or Valvoline full synthetic for the rest of the life of this motor.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

I have had the semi synthetic from Ford in the truck since new. Dealer changed the oil at 2500 and I just rolled 6k. I have one more freebie at the dealer and then I will switch to Mobil 1 full synthetic. I get the 5qt jugs from Walmart for less than 20 bucks. I have used Mobil 1 in all my vehicles including a Toyo Pickup that gave me 385,000 miles.

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. Welcome to the forum! I will be attempting my first oil change on this truck within the near future. Going with Castrol Edge and the Ford oil filter.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts