F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i finally got to see how my truck pulls, its a FX2 with 3.55s. I pulled a 6,000lb travel trailer with no problem! i only towed for about 30miles but i drove 65 to 70 mph. I am impressed and makes me like my truck more:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
great news!

·
Registered
143 Posts
This truck is amazing - I keep checking under the hood to see if someone sneaked a V8 in there when I was not looking. That being said, especially if you have not towed heavy loads before, remember this is a 1/2 ton. Stopping distance, and behavior in a a cross wind will not be the same as a 3/4 or 1 ton. Keep that in mind, and you can pull 6000 lbs all day long! Defensive driving with a touch or paranoia is not a bad idea! Be safe!:cool:

Reactions: MusikComposer

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well said Weasel. You must remember that you do have somehting attached to your truck that weighs as much, if not more than the truck therefore, you must drive accordingly to be safe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great advise guys. Has anyone installed upgraded pads and rotors on their EB's. I have heard there are some upgrades available but haven't looked into it. Just curious, not that I need them but having hands on wrench turning experience it would not be a bad idea to do someday. My last truck was an FX4 with a 5.4 and the truck before that was a Super Duty with a 5.4. Towing the same 24' enclosed trailer the Super Duty took longer to stop than the FX4. My tech at the dealer said it was because the Super Duty is heavier which takes a bit to stop it. That would explain two sets of rotors and pads in 90k on the SD versus one set in 117k miles on the FX4. The grapevine on Rte 5 in California pulling a very heavy 30' TT with a 6% downgrade for 5 miles did not help that situation. :)

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
It is a half ton, but it does compare to an older 3/4 IMO

·
Registered
4 Posts
I pull a 8500# 32' jayco eagle TT with my 12 EB with 3.73 and have no problems with breaking. I did put airbags in just to help with the sag in the rear and the truck runs cool at 100km/h all day long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts