F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I got it kicking in the turbos getting around lumbering in the left lane masturbating on my time, and of course while he was doing 45. First time in my life I've ever got pinched by a speed camera. Probably the best $40 I ever spent. Love this truck!!!

The Limited still looks awesome, even under these circumstances.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your ticket was only $40 dollars??

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
And no points!! It would have been $70 plus three points if I had used a customer service representative. Haven't gotten a ticket in over 20 years, so I am extremely happy it is only $40 and doesn't go on my record. All they want is the money. They make it cheap enough and don't ding your record so most people won't fight it. It does sound like a money grab. Just proves you can't have fun and not pay the price. This damn EcoBoost is going to get me in trouble.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
15+ mph ticket in Nebraska is between 175 and 225 dollars plus a few points. And you can't take the class to get it off your record

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
OUCH!!!

I'm generally pretty good about my speed. I just been behind this jackass for about five mile and couldn't take it anymore. I had an opening and took it. The timing just sucked.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
We no longer have "photo radar" BUT if you got caught doing that much over the limit where I live, that would be well over $200. 25mph over (40 k/mh) - that's considered "street racing" and your truck could be impounded.

Heck, last night I got pulled over by a policeman because my stock driving/fog lights on???

Apparantly it is against the law where I live to have driving/fog lights (even stock) on except in "Adverse weather conditions". I told him, the driving/fog lights show the "black ice" better in the dark (it's around 0*F right now). But that wasn't "adverse enough".

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
We no longer have "photo radar" BUT if you got caught doing that much over the limit where I live, that would be well over $200. 25mph over (40 k/mh) - that's considered "street racing" and your truck could be impounded.

Heck, last night I got pulled over by a policeman because my stock driving/fog lights on???

Apparantly it is against the law where I live to have driving/fog lights (even stock) on except in "Adverse weather conditions". I told him, the driving/fog lights show the "black ice" better in the dark (it's around 0*F right now). But that wasn't "adverse enough".

I know Nebraska is the same way but I don't think i've ever heard of anyone getting pulled over for it. I have had fog lights turned ON on every one of my vehicles for the past 9 years and never had a got blink an eye at me....

...at least for fog lights. :cool:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Last time i got pulled over was on Interstate 10 headed towards San Antonio. He clocked me at 92 mph but got lucky and let me off with a warning. (speed limit is 80)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've got 2 tickets since I got my truck. Was 7-8 years since my last one.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I know Nebraska is the same way but I don't think i've ever heard of anyone getting pulled over for it. I have had fog lights turned ON on every one of my vehicles for the past 9 years and never had a got blink an eye at me....

...at least for fog lights. :cool:
Actually, most of the vehicles I owned over the last 30 years had factory driving/fog lights, and I always put them on to improve visabilty - day or night. This is the first time I ever got stopped for that. I didn't argue with the officer, I just told him I had never heard this law before. I knew there were rules for "aftermarket off-road lights" and where they can and cannot be used, but not for factory lights in the stock location.

The officer politely put me in the backseat of his cruiser and showed me the law on his computer. Luckily he didn't handcuff me or lock me in.

Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
900 Posts
The officer politely put me in the backseat of his cruiser and showed me the law on his computer. Luckily he didn't handcuff me or lock me in.
Here is Texas you get to sit in the passenger seat with the Dps trooper when he asks you to have a seat in his vehicle, when hes running your info. Guess its safer to be in the vehicle than standing on the side of the road.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Actually, most of the vehicles I owned over the last 30 years had factory driving/fog lights, and I always put them on to improve visabilty - day or night. This is the first time I ever got stopped for that. I didn't argue with the officer, I just told him I had never heard this law before. I knew there were rules for "aftermarket off-road lights" and where they can and cannot be used, but not for factory lights in the stock location.

Frik I hate BC Canada

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After hearing all these horror stories I am happy I got flashed by a speed cam instead of getting pulled over. Must resist urge to kick them damn turbos!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
After hearing all these horror stories I am happy I got flashed by a speed cam instead of getting pulled over. Must resist urge to kick them damn turbos!!!
I got a ticket once for 107mph in a 65mph zone.... $420 bucks. Pretty awesome right!?!?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got a ticket once for 107mph in a 65mph zone.... $420 bucks. Pretty awesome right!?!?
That's it? You should have shot for 120mph and called it a day. All seriousness, I don't mind going fast, I just try to keep it withing reason and not make a habit of it. I had all that fun in my teenage years and paid the price. I keep it simple now and don't put my foot in it anymore. Don't have to worry about paying tickets and high insurance premiums.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here in AZ, and it may be the same elsewhere, when you get a camera ticket, speeding or red light, you have options. The first option is to pay the fine when it comes in the mail. The second is to contest it and you have 30 days to act after the date of post. You can choose to take it to court or do defensive driving.

The third option is to do nothing. Legally, an officer of the court must issue the summons directly to you in person. If they do not, and the 120 days, or whatever the time period is in your jurisdiction, the ticket is dead. If they do present you with the summons at any point during the 120 days, you still have 30 more days to decide on how to handle it.

I got two tickets in my VW on a Sunday morning going to a family reunion in Pinetop. I sweated it for 120 days but neither municipality ever contacted me or sent anyone to my door.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts