F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say "Wow"! Talk about feeling the gains. I am pleasantly impressed. The install took all of five minutes. That includes opening and closing the hood. I really thought the upper end of the RPM's was where I would feel the most. I was wrong. From the moment you mash the go pedal you feel the truck begging to go. The thought that came to mind was when I was training my Lab to walk with me and he was always trying to drag me. Thats kinda the way it feels, like a dog on a leash pulling you. All this go power and your holding him back.
I did feel the "phantom downshifts". It felt like the tranny downshifted, but it did not. The first time it happened was a bit startling. I had to make a 180 mile round trip drive on Monday. Without the scorcher, I drove the 90 miles to my destination. I averaged 18.2 MPG according to the trip o meter. That was at 6 am. Appx. 89 degrees F. Cruise set at 75 and AC going all out. For the return trip I installed the Scorcher, avg 20.1 MPG at 2 PM and 99 degrees F. Cruise set at 75 with AC and seat coolers going full blast. So I'm not saying you will get better MPG...that is just what the lie o meters were reading.
After I got back, thats when I took the truck for a joy ride. Took a hill with a pretty steep incline, there was the dog on a leash again. He was screaming at me to let him go! So.... in my humble opinion if you want big gains for small amount of $$'s I would recommend this product.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Bingo, we both agree it would appear. If you have a boost gauge try to keep an eye on the gauge when the "Phantom Shifts" occur. I am starting to agree with the AFE tech in that this is the waste gate blowing off pressure build. I also noticed that the outside temps seem to also have a bearing on this.

But, Bang 4 the Buck, this thing is Fantastic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been debating back and forth on which intake to get. I am partial to AFE intakes just because I have used them before and they were awesome. I just ordered the AFE stage 2 intake for my ecoboost, might be looking into this scorcher programmer in a few months.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looks like we agree! I love this thing. Dollar for dollar this is the best bang for the buck I have ever purchased. Thanks to another member here I paid 175, but would have gladly paid retail now that I have used it.

SPPD

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Sounds like a good product they've came up with. If I didn't already have a custom tune, I'd definitely be interested!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts