F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 323 Posts
Discussion starter · #63 ·
Also, I decided to go with the CPE intercooler, for a few reasons:
#1: It is the only true-American made IC with a lifetime warranty
#2: it has the largest core (both by surface area and volume) than any other IC available
#3: I have a siren speaker and lightbar mounted behind my grill that would interfere with raised IC's such as the FR and On3
#4: The CPE was literally half the price of the FR, and every review I have read on it has been crazy good, with claims of IAT's never more than 10 degrees above ambient. Ill hopefully be able to add to the good reviews :)

All in all, I got it for $669 brand new, including tax and shipping. Ordered Thursday and will be here Monday. Can't beat that.

If any of y'all missed my intercooler comparison thread, check it out here: END ALL BE ALL - 11-14 Intercooler Thread

Discussion starter · #65 · (Edited)
Got my CPE intercooler delivered today. Super impressed with everything so far, from packing, to initial quality, to size/construction etc. This thing is HUGE. Can't wait to get it in. Stay tuned for installation and before/after performance and IAT data :)
Food Furniture Cuisine
Radiator
Electronics Technology Radiator Electronic device Electronic instrument
Rock Metal
Quartz Mineral Rock Plastic wrap Crystal
Auto part Metal Rim Muffler
Audio equipment Subwoofer Product Loudspeaker Technology
Text Font Paper Document
Text Paper Document Paper product Newsprint
Paper

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Big day today. Got my Bilstein 5100's in as well as my CPE intercooler. Unfortunately, I'm getting an error with my base MPT tune file, so I'm waiting for a corrected file to be sent to me. MPT said it's a common issue with the BDX tuner and an easy solution, just waiting for response.

I was able to install the intercooler by myself, wasn't easy but it was doable. I had the help of my baby girl Kali (as you'll see). Check out the pics and also my time-lapse video of the install :)

Auto part Tire Pipe Bicycle fork Metal
Coil spring Suspension part Tire Auto part Suspension
Car Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment
Radiator Gerbil Gas
Tire Automotive tire Auto part
Radiator
Tool accessory
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Auto part

Discussion starter · #67 ·
First MPT datalog completed today. Ambient air temp 44 degrees. Highest IAT at end of locked 3rd gear 2k-6k pull was 46 degrees. I'm very happy with that alone. And this base tune definitely has plenty of room to grow.

Discussion starter · #68 ·
On the 2nd revision of the MPT tune and loving it so far. Check out these IAT's with the new IC. Granted, ambient temp was 33 degrees, but max IAT at top of pull is only 39 degrees! That's awesome, only 6 degrees above ambient. We'll see how it does in some warmer weather. The difference with the IC is crazy and you can visually see the difference in climbing IAT's if you look at the other datalog screenshots. IAT's use to climb just about as fast as they dropped on the initial hit of the throttle, regardless of ambient temps.
Text Blue Line Font Screenshot

I dont think my IAT2 is ever only been 6* above ambient.

Reactions: Codycat91
Discussion starter · #70 ·
I dont think my IAT2 is ever only been 6* above ambient.
Right? I only dreamed of that before my IC. And that's at the top of a locked 3rd gear WOT pull on 18psi ?

And just as a reminder disclaimer, I am also spraying meth, but I still had much much higher climbing IAT's before the IC upgrade. The meth helped but not nearly as much as the IC. And I'm spraying 75% meth, so most of that is for the octane boost, might have gotten a little better cooling with more water

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Check out this video of the bov sound with the CPE intercooler (stock bov, vented to atmosphere, with large muffler/recirc removed). It installs directly on the side of the IC with the CPE-supplied flange.

Discussion starter · #72 ·
Got my Falken Wildpeaks AT3W's on today in 275/70/18 (33.4"). LOVE the look. Got them installed, mount, balance, and aligned for $908. Can't beat that!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Pickup truck

Attachments

How are they? I am eyeballing them for my GX460 but the LT versions are heavy AF. Like 63 lbs when the same size TA KO2 is 51.

Discussion starter · #75 ·
How are they? I am eyeballing them for my GX460 but the LT versions are heavy AF. Like 63 lbs when the same size TA KO2 is 51.
Yeah, I can definitely feel a difference. Def makes it feel a little slower. But idk, they look great, they're quiet, awesome tread, I think the LT version has deeper tread too so longer life, and they have a 55k warranty. If I could go back, I'd get them again. Idk how much a difference in feel is from the weight itself vs upping the size to 33's.

Discussion starter · #76 ·
Not the best morning. Entering the highway omw to work truck misfired bad, CEL began flashing, went into limp mode, and got these codes
Car Technology Vehicle Electronic device Display device

Watch your fuel pressure more. See if you can replicate it, and datalog it.

Discussion starter · #80 ·
Plan of action:

#1: Get a pressure gauge to monitor water/meth pressure to confirm VC-50 and Snow pump are working properly
#2: Re-gap plugs to .024 in case meth spray is blowing out spark. Very likely possibility

61 - 80 of 323 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.