F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Have you looked into having your PCM reprogrammed for the high octane of Natural Gas?

With the high octane, you can run a combination of higher boost AND higher spark advance without detonation. This can recover all the power loss you may have. It won't change the "mileage" as there is lower energy per litre of CNG compared to gasoline. But you already know you'll burn a little more.

But the retune should get all your power back ... and possibly even more.

Reactions: Envious

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
WOW! Now that is weird. Makes me wonder if Ford screwed up on the Strategy for your truck. I see you are a 2011, so maybe Ford was "experimenting".

You could try forwarding your strategy and have a chat with Torrie @ Unleashed, cross-your fingers and see if he can do anything. But you might just be out-of-luck.

If it makes your feel good, I have a weird strategy myself. They can tune me, but I cannot get ANY info from SCT on my particular Strategy....they do everything via PCM. Maybe it's a "Canadian" thing ....

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I was thinking ... are you "out-of-warranty" yet? If so, it's no sweat off your local dealership to reprogram your PCM with a different strategy (for a small fee).

Tell them you want to get a proper tune for your Nat Gas Conversion, and tell them you need to look at going with SCT ... but not with your current Strategy.

The only problem might be ... your transmission IS different from every other 2011 F150.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Did your Strategy # change when you took it in?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.