F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

3381 - 3397 of 3397 Posts

·
Vendor
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,381
Project we have been working on for more than a minute. Along with cams which everyone is about to see before and after results hot swapped for the average bolt on truck we are about to start flow testing and getting some other things in order. First up. Gen2 intake manifolds and billet valve covers.

1- these models not only have been cfd optimized. It will be protyped and have received approval based on their design by the customers who’s builds they are going on. They are anodized billet valve covers with a two piece design for access to the timing chains and cam phasers for removal and replacement with a special tool we are working on. The intake manifolds have several “options” if you will such as throttle body size, vac port quality and the optional burst plate for direct wet shot nitrous. We also have provisions for additional port injectors if required.

2- the intake manifolds you see for gen1 are prototype only, and not what we are doing. Nonetheless these prototypes are just that for gen1. Prototypes. And data is data. So we are finalizing the new designs and we will bring these to market aggressively priced but designed and validated around data not looks. These models too have been revised on gen1. Direct port injectors 6-12 and direct port nitrous

Enjoy this is hard work going through the proper engineering and design steps

I want to reiterate that these are not showing all details for clarity, so gen1 I’m showing to show you a little bit of what we are up to. There are considerations for water pipe and crossover to be built in, and some other things we are working on, such as possibly two piece two plenum design. Possibly. Lots of what if, can we should we, we know. It is all part of the design process.

For those wondering who are buying these, anyone serious into racing. From a time attack team we partnered with to guys racing in the desert. Yes, we also have several street trucks who just think they are so badass their raptor builds had to have them on their 4.2l. You will see them on display at SEMA and perhaps PRI

Gen2 and then gen1

·
Vendor
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,382
Further, our first larger batch of 4.2l crankshafts have arrived. We plan to get one of these in the shop truck for testing and results.

Ever wonder what the HO fuel pump looks like? Compared to non HO. Here you go. Significantly more venting of the tank noted.

2B1273DB-D667-4A68-9167-4B92EB8E47AE.jpg

·
Vendor
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,386
Shoot I can't see most of the pictures on Tapatalk anymore.
View in web browser view. You can click one of the buttons and select it, pics come in good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Those valve covers are just like the GT/race car. How does that work on our truck? Are you telling me there is a large space between the top of the cam shaft and stock valve cover stock? That valve cover looks much thinner and seems as it would not fit.

Please respond to last post.

·
Vendor
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,388
First Darton MID sleeved block goes to a special build in Texas. We are very excited to see this raptor through, and will bring y’all some more info. These Darton MID sleeves over a 97mm bore while stock is 92.5mm.

The MID sleeve (for those who do not know) machine the oem cylinders and the aluminum block casting completely out and these are now installed in place into the water jacket on the opposing side of the cylinder. A dry sleeve we machine out the stock cast in place sleeve and replace it with a press-fit sleeve that is then stress relieved. Dry sleeves retain the aluminum casting that backs up the oem iron sleeve and the sleeve itself is not into the water jacket. (AKA coolant channel). Pics, and pic of MId sleeve for reference.

Dry sleeve with closed deck.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is there anyone else that can't see Ryan's pictures. All I see is

data-xf-init="lightbox"
data-lb-single-image="1"
data-lb-container-zoom="1"
data-lb-trigger=".js-lbImage-_xfUid-19-1566999571"
data-lb-id="_xfUid-19-1566999571">

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks everyone, web view works.

The wet sleeves are a cool concept. Have these been in production very long.

·
Vendor
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,396
Thanks everyone, web view works.

The wet sleeves are a cool concept. Have these been in production very long.

They started as a custom batch of MID sleeves we ordered and now they will become a catalog part number.

They have their place, and closed deck CSS has one to. I’ve seen open and closed deck tear downs by the dozens. Amazing the scuffing change to pistons. CSS closed deck, it’s negligible scuffing but open deck block sake power and setup the skirts were about something you’d see at 750k miles and I’m surprised but not really how much supporting deck makes difference.

MID sleeves in general been around many years. If the machinist doesn’t have the tooling and fixtures to u stall MId sleeves he isn’t going to ever make money and likely short time in business

The shops that have old school boring bars, have not new cnc stuff will usually peak water due to sleeves sinking

We spec them as a step deck, and we have a darton shop do the install for all our MID sleeves and dry in house

You

for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,397 (Edited)
usually when their is silence their is something scheming on the rmb home front. where to start?

how about the tremor is gutted and we couldn’t be more pleased with everything so far.

more on this tomorrow.

tremor gonna eat and she will eat like a champion .

3381 - 3397 of 3397 Posts
About this Discussion
3.4K Replies
130 Participants
RMB_Ryan
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing