F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

3721 - 3740 of 3780 Posts

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,721
Lol
Just don't leave!

But honestly, there's so many "builds" that aren't even known amongst our little Ecoboost club that are far more intriguing.

Mine is probably unique only for the circumstances, as well as the intentional target for under-stressed. It's built for more stress (code word fat turbos) than I plan to throw at it. Eventually Ryan is going to give me grief for NOT throwing big snails at it.

I'm aiming for a perfectly balanced time-piece. I want smoooooooth and polished power curve. Understated even. Think luxury. More than expected, but not a punch in the gut.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Like this one

However your build has sentimental value to me very seriously too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,722
Lol
Just don't leave!

But honestly, there's so many "builds" that aren't even known amongst our little Ecoboost club that are far more intriguing.

Mine is probably unique only for the circumstances, as well as the intentional target for under-stressed. It's built for more stress (code word fat turbos) than I plan to throw at it. Eventually Ryan is going to give me grief for NOT throwing big snails at it.

I'm aiming for a perfectly balanced time-piece. I want smoooooooth and polished power curve. Understated even. Think luxury. More than expected, but not a punch in the gut.

Polished Curve Unc

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Like this one

However your build has sentimental value to me very seriously too

You don't have to convince me.
Every decision of every component has been meticulously thought through. Discussed in detail. And has never deviated from the original narrative.

What most here wouldn't know is that although I play the "I haven't blown up my current motor yet" card publicly, which isn't untrue by any means, what we really have been waiting for is turbos. OEM location turbos, to be exact. Progress is..... at a snails pace? Lol

It's true that if I did trash the current motor and was forced to make haste, I probably would have gone with some kind of OEM housing with tweaked innards. And been completely happy!

But, we are getting closer every day to........ maybe some super quick spool G's? Or similar? Mounted on those sweet manifolds?

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Polished Curve Unc

Oh heck yeah!

I know you can't exactly interpret that curve on paper to the cockpit experience. But when it's THAT smoooooth? That's gotta just be decievingly quick

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,725
You don't have to convince me.
Every decision of every component has thought through. Discussed in detail. And has never deviated from the original narrative.

What most here wouldn't know is that although I play the "I haven't blown up my current motor yet" card publicly, which isn't untrue by any means, what we really have been waiting for is turbos. OEM location turbos, to be exact. Progress is..... at a snails pace? Lol

It's true that if I did trash the current motor and was forced to make haste, I probably would have gone with some kind of OEM housing with tweaked innards. And been completely happy!

But, we are getting closer every day to........ maybe some super quick spool G's? Or similar? Mounted on those sweet manifolds?

You are forgetting two incredibly important check marks with bucket list items that must make the list.

#537 billet timing chain guides and tensioners
#678 stronger chain and built in preoiler
#1099 plug and play ecu to have every parameter and be able to monitor and tune EVERYTHING (last one and not urgent but you’ll love it when I show you the formalities

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,726
Oh heck yeah!

I know you can't exactly interpret that curve on paper to the cockpit experience. But when it's THAT smoooooth? That's gotta just be decievingly quick

That’s pump gas low boost daily driver

The nerd has been grinding away

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
You are forgetting two incredibly important check marks with bucket list items that must make the list.

#537 billet timing chain guides and tensioners
#678 stronger chain and built in preoiler
#1099 plug and play ecu to have every parameter and be able to monitor and tune EVERYTHING (last one and not urgent but you’ll love it when I show you the formalities

Just keeps proving my point.

Gen2 is getting serious development compared to a couple of years ago.

I LOVE that list.
You still gotta nix my variable pressure oil pump? Lol

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,728

I LOVE that list.

I LOVE that list.

With the RMB Syvecs ecu we can do that easily with oil pump and have ability to notify when you need an oil change or a service and or when ready for refresh and out of operating timeline for mantainance be it refresh or I want to send a message saying...

DING DING LIGHTS ON.....SCREEN READS

“hey uncle Bruce, would yah change the dang oil already. Enjoy limo mode, your designed service intervals have come to co clue ion fo tact RMB to have overhaul and rings refreshed and enjoy your cup of coffee uncle.”

How cool is that!!!!!

That’s the level of bespoke plug and play ecu we will offer and it’s as intuitive as a computer network is to you.

Let’s face it, when someone gets a fresh new engine and has an issue and fires it or attempts to 200 key cycles their cylinders are washed if not having gotten it to start to to another reason. Well we don’t want that, so we orogram it to allow what our service limits are and we know when each. Key is turned, door open, etc. you’d be shocked at what oem can dig and find. FAR FAR FAR MORE than people think when even just discussing flashed tune

·
Admodistrator
2,391 Posts
When will this technology be available to consumers, both the manifolds and the ECU?

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
When, is a question I try to avoid.

You know, the 3 attributes and you can only pick 2? Time is the one that lures you, but can frustrate the most too.

·
Admodistrator
2,391 Posts
Yeah, yeah... calling planet earth. Snake in your world, no timetable is the beginning of vaporware. To the consumer, when something might be available may be the most important part of the purchase. It‘s a good question. :)

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,732
When will this technology be available to consumers, both the manifolds and the ECU?
Manifolds I can not say.

Ecu. By the new year for sure

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
I was reading up a little on that ECU technology and what I gathered is that I can just have a laptop onboard and be driving down the road while someone else can be connected over ethernet, which allows them to real-time tweak-tune-monitor.

Also can have several different "maps" that are available at a press of a button. So in affect, no longer need to park and load a different tune.

Motorcycles have this technology.
I'm guessing some of the high performance cars do to?

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,734
I was reading up a little on that ECU technology and what I gathered is that I can just have a laptop onboard and be driving down the road while someone else can be connected over ethernet, which allows them to real-time tweak-tune-monitor.

Also can have several different "maps" that are available at a press of a button. So in affect, no longer need to park and load a different tune.

Motorcycles have this technology.
I'm guessing some of the high performance cars do to?

I’ve already included you on the list of reserved units for your bucket list build. If that’s ok of course. You can monitor how often and hard your doors close lol

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,735
Oh heck yeah!

You need a neck brace it is 0-60 in 2.8 seconds on pump gas in 2WD on low boost and timing

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,736
While most shops only make changes for increased profit margins and less cost of consumables. We take very seriously quality over all else. Well, communication as well, but quality is something that is lacking across all trades nowadays imo.

For no reason other than to better ourselves, our latest and highest quality diamond honing stones and plateau finishing stones are now implemented into every level of build. IT SHOWS.

Holy cow their on another level of cylinder finish. This is why we can use a 1.5mm stainless PVD top ring and get them to last 100-200k miles. These honing stones aren’t a drop in a bucket and the cost is half that of a single short block.

However, with unknowns once the engine leaves we will do whatever and at any measure to provide a guaranteed flawless engine in every aspect every time. The new ecu, well that will prevent the 99% of people who may not do the right thing for breakin or use a tuner who really knows what’s going on outside of email tunes. The smell, sound of a backfire, a overheating condition that you can smell. The goal: provide the best of the best period, here is one result of that philosophy

You decide how do you like the cylinder finish and .0003” in round and taper top to bottom is good, we’re at .0001-.00015

·
Admodistrator
2,391 Posts
...Holy cow their on another level of cylinder finish. This is why we can use a 1.5mm stainless PVD top ring and get them to last 100-200k miles...
You have test mules that have accumulated that many miles? That’s beyond impressive. I think anyone buying one of these trucks new knowing it would go 200K would be ecstatic.

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,738
You have test mules that have accumulated that many miles? That’s beyond impressive. I think anyone buying one of these trucks new knowing it would go 200K would be ecstatic.
We have guys in the hundreds not 200 just yet, but we simulate that really well with dyno pulls. We can almost identically simulate 4-5 race seasons with 400 dyno pulls

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Ford Blue Block.

Like the good Ole days

3721 - 3740 of 3780 Posts