F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

3741 - 3760 of 3780 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Why syvec? That seems like a niche aftermarket company and never see people tuning with that. Who will be able to tune it?

"people who may not do the right thing for breakin or use a tuner who really knows what’s going on outside of email tunes. The smell, sound of a backfire, a overheating condition that you can smell. The goal: provide the best of the best period, here is one result of that philosophy"

What does that ^ mean? If everything is operating as it should, what is wrong with a standard heat cycle and oil change? Why would it be overheating?

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,742
Why syvec? That seems like a niche aftermarket company and never see people tuning with that. Who will be able to tune it?

"people who may not do the right thing for breakin or use a tuner who really knows what’s going on outside of email tunes. The smell, sound of a backfire, a overheating condition that you can smell. The goal: provide the best of the best period, here is one result of that philosophy"

What does that ^ mean? If everything is operating as it should, what is wrong with a standard heat cycle and oil change? Why would it be overheating?
Syvecs is bespoke and probably the best (actually the best ecu available today. Motec doesn’t hold a candle to it.

Your asking a question that I ask as well. So when someone spends 70k on a build they don’t care about anything but the best. Syvecs is that. I’m sure your not familiarized with it because it is not just syvecs. Not all things or names are what they are. It is a bespoke and higher end version of life racing which is a 4-5 while syvecs is a 11. We will provide packages including this and has a running log so we know when open doors are or not, when the engine is ran outside of our set designed engineered specifications. If you saw the things people do and try to say engine or tuner you’d fall over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,743

We are so far past the capabilities of the Oem ecu. That is why things need what we are providing and have many units persons 6 months early

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,744

With regards who will tune it, we are training two tuners and have a mainline dyno we are looking at so that we can dial in VE without a engine dyno. We will be able to tune in house as well as well as have everything all platforms have that can make 1295 rwhp in a 3400 lb car on motec but with better and double sensors and monitoring and in a 8995 lb am truck on med boost full weight on nothing special fuel wise. The platform is on a level now that is so far past what it was a year ago we are providing engines for GT40’s in the upper most classes of vehicles including new ford gt builds we’re working on.

They are sick but ford really has pricing on parts that are 30% the quality as what we use Internally in the new ford gt

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,746
I’m usumming that the ECU meets all emission testing requirements?
We have two packages. Race. And plug and play for 100% street use and all while offering the abilities of the race version like anti lag, TB by wire. And millions of other things all street legal

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Niche is probably a fair accusation, in my opinion.

Kind of ironic too since no vehicle in the world could be less niche than an F150. Lol

Yet for all the passion and fanfare that the 3.5EB F150 draws, it's still a rather tiny portion (niche) of enthusiasts that actually go beyond "bolt ons" and low-hanging-fruit-tuning.

It does indeed look as though the last year or two has been a huge leap in "craziness" (my word) for what the niche customers are willing to ask for (demand?) on this platform.

But my favorite way to look at it is to remind myself just how unique (niche) even the average amigo I have on this very forum is when you consider the rest of the world.......

I spent a few days in a rental car in Italy on the Autostrada. There you will experience in real life all those high performance cars you have read about and followed in the auto-press. Everything from the exotics to the affordable 3-digit-mph luxury cruisers.

OH what I'd give to be in my truck there!
Or Blowns. Or Slepnuirs. Or Broels. Or..... One of the insane Raptors that have been fueling the development the last couple of years.

Cruising at 125mph and flash-to-pass on the inside lane would be SO foreign over there.
Talk about niche!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
932 Posts
Wait ... I must be missin some leaves 🤔

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Niche is probably a fair accusation, in my opinion.

Yet for all the passion and fanfare that the 3.5EB F150 draws, it's still a rather tiny portion (niche) of enthusiasts that actually go beyond "bolt ons" and low-hanging-fruit-tuning.

when it comes to aftermarket ecus, always seeing holley, motec and haltec for example.

The 3.5 is not beyond bolt on beacuse the hot rodders dont want a v6 and to make big power, requires full builds AND DI is not cheap and still new with upgrades. f150 hot rodding is far less popular, but if it is, it will be a 5.0. Besides the sound, the 5.0 is way more supported with aftermarket, even Ford parts. Ford Performance now sells billet oil pump gear and crank gear for example, which are popular upgrades.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
when it comes to aftermarket ecus, always seeing holley, motec and haltec for example.

The 3.5 is not beyond bolt on beacuse the hot rodders dont want a v6 and to make big power, requires full builds AND DI is not cheap and still new with upgrades. f150 hot rodding is far less popular, but if it is, it will be a 5.0. Besides the sound, the 5.0 is way more supported with aftermarket, even Ford parts. Ford Performance now sells billet oil pump gear and crank gear for example, which are popular upgrades.
Exactly

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,755

You do know we have presokd 10 kits and are at the limit of factory ecu at the moment.

Our offering includes coyotes as well in the raptor only in NA blown and twin. Your not close to knowing market analysis on this at the moment and GT40 just got a ecu just now already with an eco not a v8. Lol so wrong when 9200 lbs in a 6 banger and 4.2-4.5l is able to make 1395 without breaking a sweat on 37’s as it sits here

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,756
Holley motec and whatever else you mention are not bespoke ecu and are electronic companies. They offer about half the ecu we have Mekong plug and play and it is twice the cost. Less features by a lot and price isn’t any driving force behind which v6 or 8 our customers choose. More want to be unique not have more rumble. They want anti lag and all the things that make what we have 4 offerings different from the coyote and coyote customers are mostly NA and like the brake torque offered and they desert race as less (far less) pipes and things to have to make fab and why 6100 class is few and far between filled with the eco and 10r80 (for now) but our slowest eco raptor is less than Hennessey and their crappy suspension setup in their coyote and we make more at the wheels of 37’s than they do at the crank and offer the same warranty and we have 500-700 more wheel HP in a build motor and ecu not stock everything and 560 for 70k at wheels likes they sell

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I am saying those are common and more people know how to tune them.

The raptor in pics makes 1000 hp? Can the owner take pics of WOT and running offroad? That would be cool

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,758
We have videos up and the ecu is only available through RamB and tuned in house with RMB tunes only with our partner tuner and ability to use the most sophisticated but intuitive ecu in the world today. It brings 110% of not just the safety of engine, but adds the warranty at over 1000whp, and also allows us to see more than customers know. It is a continuous data recorder and so sophirlsticated not only can I see if it was teied to start 100 times or 2 times on first fire up. I can review where every action or disaction and based on the max designed stresses of the particular engine you will be put into limp mode if you go over 599 too many miles of maintenance and service limits. I can see if the doors opened 69 or 60,000 times and important to me is that we will set hard coded limited be them limit 12 psi of boost till engine sees specific wear metals are run in properly and I can remote in log in and allow or lock whatever is required to supply years of zero issues and many years of longevity

As that truck sat on 37’s and smallest efr set ok 21 psi and 8!degrees we are running it to a 2.8 slowest 0-60’mph we will offer. The type”4-FRaceRMB model will be a select on the fly what map you want to run. We now have it set on 71:63 and 34 psi with 20 degrees on bad bad tank of fuel which when intested it we saw it was not 93 but 89 octane

·
Registered
860 Posts
You're obviously generating a lot more heat from these trucks than stock, and dealing with some of the same constraints as far as front end size, etc. Considering the factory overheat issues, especially when towing/running hard, how did you address that? Larger rad and IC I'm sure... what else?

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,760
You're obviously generating a lot more heat from these trucks than stock, and dealing with some of the same constraints as far as front end size, etc. Considering the factory overheat issues, especially when towing/running hard, how did you address that? Larger rad and IC I'm sure... what else?
We run three oil coolers, one for trans and two for engine which is thermostatically controlled and one trans cooler is triple pass thru.

The rad is full race and the intercooler is minimally full race. That’s just the tip of the iceberg too.

3741 - 3760 of 3780 Posts