F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
4001 - 4020 of 4027 Posts

·
Vendor
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,001 ·
Custom RMB performance timing kits now available for Gen2/3

Includes:

Custom cast timing chain guides with tool steel inserts and e98 compatible wear strips.

Custom cast hydraulic timing chain tensioners.

Custom machined not punched link timing chains, tighter tolerance on pins and holes, shot peened and stress relieved, nitride hardened and cryogenically treated. Super finished

Custom machined phasers with full range of variable cam timing advance and retard.

More photos to come tomorrow here are the guides and tensioners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
Gen3

I was trying not to use that terminology, but you just did. Sooooooo

Can I ask what designates a Gen3?

I know that I took some pics a couple of hours ago when I drained that factory water, oops, I mean oil from the pan. There's some stuff missing and some stuff I haven't seen before on my previous truck. And the engine coolant routing is all over the place. :)

I won't sully up your thread with all the pics, but I will go post them in the Powerboost Ramblings thread if anyone cares.

I was THRILLED to see this (below) though when I dropped the diaper! No more plastic oil pan and drain plug.

·
Vendor
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,003 ·
Gen3

I know that I took some pics a couple of hours ago when I drained that factory water, oops, I mean oil from the pan. There's some stuff missing and some stuff I haven't seen before on my previous truck. And the engine coolant routing is all over the place. :)

I won't sully up your thread with all the pics, but I will go post them in the Powerboost Ramblings thread if anyone cares.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Post here anytime! I’d enjoy the photos here as well. Looks like you have an extremely poorly located cooler line clipped to the lower crossmember. I’d drill a very shallow hole in the aluminum block just above it (sitting on top of the crossmember and move the line up there with a retainer into the hole. Something will hit that line for sure if not moved up.

Oh and very hard to get anything on the oil filter now so much in the way.

Gen3 I designate as your year any variant of The 3.5l and newer. Including yours. I will take pics, as I forked up the money for a long block. So will tear one down. One things for sure the powerboost you have has a different bell housing bolt pattern. I bought the crate engine version complete

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
You already have a 2021 longblock?!!

Selfishly, that's great news!
I have so many questions. Lol

Not surprised that the bellhousing is different, considering. I'm surprised it's even called a 10r80. It just has to be different enough that it warranted another designation? Like 10r80-H or something?

Edit: That pair of lines running adjacent to the oil sump are really soft. And the clamp that holds them is really soft RUBBER. The clamp isn't even fastened to the truck with a screw. Instead, it has a rubber tab that press-fits into a vacant void in the pan itself.

Seriously, soft rubber. Not plastic. I should have looked/traced the pair to see what they are for. Maybe the coolant for the battery?

·
Vendor
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,005 ·

Not surprised that the bellhousing is different, considering. I'm surprised it's even called a 10r80. It just has to be different enough that it warranted another designation? Like 10r80-H or something?

Different E and F clutch drums. More frictions and steels.

·
Vendor
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,006 ·

And yes it’s either 2021-2022 I have shipping to us Friday.

·
Vendor
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,007 ·
Gen3

I was THRILLED to see this (below) though when I dropped the diaper! No more plastic oil pan and drain plug.

There is more to just the oil pan to make it fit. So just want to throw that out there for people who are reading this maybe wanting to swap this pan for their 17/18 pans.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Kind of sounds like my weed eater.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,014 · (Edited)
Gen3 engines arrived and I have to say they make the Gen2 blocks look like a turd. Can’t wait to tear down and fill y’all in when.

I have a moment now but the Dave customer and friend is bound to make this next Baja race and I will not let him down and he is certainly making g it and hopefully in Mexico embracing within 16 weeks so that comes first for sure.

He will win another first place finish on our 3.5l in the truck below and have to give huge congrats to Troy Webber with 6 wins in the tractor pulling big boy class in his new not lined out or figured out fully yet who is a little guy in a 4.0 racing the big 7.3l and has never lost or not beat his pB so congrats Troy you have been a oleasure and thanks for choosing us and BCB has done an outstanding job and the wins wouldn’t have ever been so easy or possible without those guys and casie is a class act!

Great fob Troy

BCB tuned great work gents

So below…..

This is the customer Dave aka @whosthatdaveguy on Instagram and if anyone has a raptor who knows what to do with it this is the man. He is going to a linked rear and we did a stage 3 trans with a stage 2 long block topped off around 740 whp on 40’s with new g2 Garrett power max turbos and we installed completely new wiring and lights the hood opens forward not to our credit but it’s nice and easy to. Work on this way and me and my new helper finished this build in 2 days with the 2 of us on a sat and sun with only 26 hour hours which then puckered the old butt hole up and it fired up ran 25 min I’m seated rings and he is ready to win 1st place again with 849 whp on 40’s and we look forward to the new raptor I ordered and plan to spank Dave’s behind because we will be linking the truck day 1

Blessed to mest and work fir great people mostly and better when they have ability to win and use our engines and suspension to their potential thanks all again.

Love the wrap and forged carbon fiber is wrapped too plus he has really nice race seats and ac blows amazing in his helmets so this is a nice toy and that is all it is so if you got it have fun with it

·
Registered
2012 f150 3.5 platinum 4x4
170 Posts
Gen3 engines arrived and I have to say they make the Gen2 blocks look like a turd. Can’t wait to tear down and fill y’all in when.

I have a moment now but the Dave customer and friend is bound to make this next Baja race and I will not let him down and he is certainly making g it and hopefully in Mexico embracing within 16 weeks so that comes first for sure.

He will win another first place finish on our 3.5l in the truck below and have to give huge congrats to Troy Webber with 6 wins in the tractor pulling big boy class in his new not lined out or figured out fully yet who is a little guy in a 4.0 racing the big 7.3l and has never lost or not beat his pB so congrats Troy you have been a oleasure and thanks for choosing us and BCB has done an outstanding job and the wins wouldn’t have ever been so easy or possible without those guys and casie is a class act!

Great fob Troy

BCB tuned great work gents

So below…..

This is the customer Dave aka @whosthatdaveguy on Instagram and if anyone has a raptor who knows what to do with it this is the man. He is going to a linked rear and we did a stage 3 trans with a stage 2 long block topped off around 740 whp on 40’s with new g2 Garrett power max turbos and we installed completely new wiring and lights the hood opens forward not to our credit but it’s nice and easy to. Work on this way and me and my new helper finished this build in 2 days with the 2 of us on a sat and sun with only 26 hour hours which then puckered the old butt hole up and it fired up ran 25 min I’m seated rings and he is ready to win 1st place again with 849 whp on 40’s and we look forward to the new raptor I ordered and plan to spank Dave’s behind because we will be linking the truck day 1

Blessed to mest and work fir great people mostly and better when they have ability to win and use our engines and suspension to their potential thanks all again.

Love the wrap and forged carbon fiber is wrapped too plus he has really nice race seats and ac blows amazing in his helmets so this is a nice toy and that is all it is so if you got it have fun with it

That's one heck of a rig!

Yes, it is awesome to work with customers like the one you are describing!.
Its actually funny , i recently acquired a customer like this ( different industry) , and his name is Dave as well!!😆😆
Guess its all in the name yay! 🤣🤣

Ive followed you a long time now, glad things are moving in the direction you have been aiming for.
You can tell how excited you are to be in this position, just by what and the way you are typing.
Congrats bud!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Custom RMB performance timing kits now available for Gen2/3

Includes:

Custom cast timing chain guides with tool steel inserts and e98 compatible wear strips.

Custom cast hydraulic timing chain tensioners.

Custom machined not punched link timing chains, tighter tolerance on pins and holes, shot peened and stress relieved, nitride hardened and cryogenically treated. Super finished

Custom machined phasers with full range of variable cam timing advance and retard.

More photos to come tomorrow here are the guides and tensioners

When's the gen1 kit coming?

·
Vendor
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,019 ·
When's the gen1 kit coming?
It will be but not going to pretend their is no interest in it and it is not something that is inexpensive to engineer and produce but we have 87-% of it ready to manufacture it without minimum and I say minimum very seriously as it’s extremely sensitive and time some consuming on engineering but have most done but I’d think a 100 full kit order is make some if not a limited 250 profdiction prive run but good parts are not easy to manufacturer and engineer as well as peoooen say they will but never pay in my eezoerience till building and an engine or whatnot or have problems but we can get rings going but not bagging to sit on parts when we sell gen2/3 like to everyone every engine envery one with timing issues. And those are way more. I’m not sure if you or someone can move this to work but why not get a formal honest pre order or minimally interest in this to see how many someone’s really will be doing this so I can think about moving ahead? It’s going to have to happen. if someone wants to work with me to take the reins let’s go and we will see how interested this peaked because engineering has been huge and successful
And worth the price of admission for all who do work to the truck them selves. This to me no brained honestly.

We have the tensioners dine and figured out easy and not a biggie, far superior.

Guides for the left and right primary chains are done as well and not only are billet, but hard coat anodized, with special (Delrin) style (not Delrin) E85 safe wear strips and hard coat to provide e85-e100 safety and proper material hardness to prevent stress risers. The tensioner which is on pass side which is allowed to press against the pass arm will have a specialty oiling feature to prevent and Eli ate 99.9% old any wear and designed fir more use by a factor or 100,000,000 hours of operation and tool steel insert with increased piling will jot wear like then plastic oem set up with ability to prevent 100% of any wear to the contact location wt the pass side plunger point of tensioner where it is in ci tact with the tensioning cmguide arm.

HUGE SOMBE HERE !!!! Massive solve of a large issue here

Primary chain is increased strength by 45-65% as well as an increase life and wear characteristics via engineering and testing by 62% minimum respectively and once the chains become manufactured they are nitride harder machines with tolerances that which is not close to the tolerances of the pins of oem chain causing strength and longevity but is increasingly expensive to manufacture as this is tight to the tenth of millions with strengthen super finished process to finish off the incredible chain.

Congrats brew city and Troy and thanks boost-line for two years of figuring outside teaming with Rmb to engineer both the 2.7and 3.0l platform because we have been looking forward to sharing our results ajd they are incredible and haven’t seen anything to date close to them and hope we get out there come spring and super stoked to look forward to show all the behind the scenes and what we have been working on those platform s and bring to table it’s not much so nothing to worry about but get your game on point I’ll leave it there.

best of luck to all as this is going to be a interesting platform and far more than I ever imagined

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
As the consumer, rather than the engineer or manufacturer or fabricator or builder...., It doesn't always favor me and my interest, but the market goes where the money is.

Just my opinion but the Gen1 Era (the actual calendar time of 2010-2016ish?) had the task of establishing the platform and convincing the supply side that it was a legitimate investment. But when Ford released the Gen2, that was a huge statement that the platform has a long life and the risks to the aftermarket were seriously diminished. Sales just kept growing and the Gen2 had such a superior starting point for those getting in the game. And the aftermarket already had some momentum so it hit the ground running for the newest customer.

Of course the consumer sees things through the lens of what they own and have already invested. But Gen2 is where the freshest and most energy is being spent. (from my own vantage point) And if the 2021 really is a Gen3, from the point of view of the aftermarket developers, that too will suck resources away from the Gen1 market.

It's just progress. And momentum. Inevitable.

If Gen1 aftermarket market really does have buyers, I can't imagine the demand would go unnoticed.

4001 - 4020 of 4027 Posts