F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3399 Posts

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Its funny you say that.... I have the same elbow and valve and catch can.... When I changed my turbo's in May I had the CAC but not the bov or catch can and the drivers side turbo was wet with oil... Pulled turbo's last week with BOV and catch can installed, turbo was dry as a bone...
It is a very noticeable difference. This is one of my main reasons behind getting my new Full Race catch can on here shortly, before I install the turbos. My stock drivers side turbo has excessive oil build up, and it is a huge help for that alone to me.

Condensation in intercooler has been a thing of the past for me thankfully. Good products do that....fix problems and make the truck better. Cheap products are exactly that, and while one may gain some performance, there is nothing as good as a well made, tested part.

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
New setup.

XD Machete 20x9 with 00 offset

Wrapped with 35 X 12.5 Toyo MT

Thoughts- looks amazing. handles outstanding off road and are actually very quiet on road.

I am a man who likes speed so I will not be selling my black appearance package 20's.

These killed my power by about 20% as expected and I want the best of both worlds. So my plan is to run this when I have some fun off road and my stock set when having fun on the street.

Now I need to pick a tire that won't get destroyed in 2 days with the new power from the coming turbos.

FYI so you guys can compare picture of three tires Left to right.

Toyo
Nitto
Cooper

All the MT's

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I think it looks pretty bad a$$ either way. So why not enjoy both worlds equally

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Here is what I am running in the rear for winter. Schrader Valves installed on a new cap on the res body and some different weight shock oil, as well as a little different shim pack.

I have a set of kings for the rear in a box and a set of deaver +2's. We are moving and when I find the boxes I will update those. They go on in spring. Currently running a 3" block with the Fox take-offs

Attachments

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Love this build man.... truck looks fantastic and soon there will be a monster hiding under that hood...

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Love this build man.... truck looks fantastic and soon there will be a monster hiding under that hood...
Thank you. Can you tell I'm moving and what's important right now.

I can't find a pallet with springs on it or a box of expensive shocks, but these parts never leave my truck. Lol

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Truck is going in January 4th to Evans Tuning who is out of PA. He will be completing my installation due to a very busy work schedule and look forward to working with him.

He will be performing a pre Full Race turbo and ported manifold dyno calibration, as well as a post Full Race turbo and ported manifold dyno calibrations.

Look forward to working with him, and possibly some additional parts pre and post data if time permits.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice setup RB. I decided to join the site since this is directed towards the ecoboost. I almost pulled the trigger on the turbos, but will look at that next year. I'm a big supported of Full Race products. Next up is meth and then suspension time. I dropped off my truck to have the FR DP's installed, hope to pick up tomorrow they are trouble shooting a slight leak at the turbo. Anyway just wanted give you a shout out on your build!

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Nice setup RB. I decided to join the site since this is directed towards the ecoboost. I almost pulled the trigger on the turbos, but will look at that next year. I'm a big supported of Full Race products. Next up is meth and then suspension time. I dropped off my truck to have the FR DP's installed, hope to pick up tomorrow they are trouble shooting a slight leak at the turbo. Anyway just wanted give you a shout out on your build!
Thanks brother!! Appreciate it!!

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Where are you leaking from?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heading to the office now to see what in the box from Full Race.
Tease ;)! You mention some special parts from FR do share if they allow exposure :rolleyes:

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Tease ;)! You mention some special parts from FR do share if they allow exposure :rolleyes:
Today's a good one, but tomorrow's the surprise one. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Today's a good one, but tomorrow's the surprise one. ;)
LOL. Hmm...I hope it's nothing to special (kidding), I need to payoff my black Friday purchases

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
LOL. Hmm...I hope it's nothing to special (kidding), I need to payoff my black Friday purchases
Look at it as building your credit. For me, I get too much anxiety over bills. Only use my credit to build my credit.

I'm honestly already starting to see dancing EFR's in my dreams. Not that I am not confident in what I have right now, just a serious mod junkie. Very similar to that other guy Ducatti. I think we both need some Moter Heads Anonymous. ;)

I would ideally like to wait to see what would transfer over to my raptor build that I have planned for end of 2017. (GOD Willing)

I will be looking to build a early model 2018.

I highly doubt another drop in OEM location set of turbos will come out by then for this truck, but if something viable did, I would have no problem giving them a whirl. They would have to be something pretty special, as I know these Full Race turbos are very well designed, and a lot of engineering went into them.

Time will tell, and why I call my (Never Ending) build thread.

·
Vendor
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
New parts are in for the day.

Full Race charge pipe elbow with flange for a turbosmart.

Full Race Catch Can. (Really nice by the way).

I will post better pics when I get home. For those that have followed this new catch can, it is seriously much different feeling than it looks for what it's worth.

The entrainment media is plentiful and the can is not some thin light gauge plate. This thing is extremely well made. I was expecting the usual Full Race quality, and it is honestly more than I was expecting.

As I said, I'll post some better pics to hopefully highlight this here shortly

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Look at it as building your credit. For me, I get too much anxiety over bills. Only use my credit to build my credit.

I'm honestly already starting to see dancing EFR's in my dreams. Not that I am not confident in what I have right now, just a serious mod junkie. Very similar to that other guy Ducatti. I think we both need some Moter Heads Anonymous. ;)

I would ideally like to wait to see what would transfer over to my raptor build that I have planned for end of 2017. (GOD Willing)

I will be looking to build a early model 2018.

I highly doubt another drop in OEM location set of turbos will come out by then for this truck, but if something viable did, I would have no problem giving them a whirl. They would have to be something pretty special, as I know these Full Race turbos are very well designed, and a lot of engineering went into them.

Time will tell, and why I call my (Never Ending) build thread.
Yea not worried about establishing credit if I don't have it at 50 then I'm in trouble :eek:. Yep guys like you and Ducatti inspire us motor head wanna be's :cool:. I've had the same thoughts on the EFR's as well as waiting on the gen2 eco that will be going in the raptor. I would just need to confirm it would fit in my garage - already pushing the entrance height as it w/o any suspension mod's on my FX4.

41 - 60 of 3399 Posts
About this Discussion
3.4K Replies
130 Participants
sleipnir
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing